Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Bed extender and Honda tonneau cover...

16K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SAM_PGA 
#1 ·
In case anyone is interested...the Honda "factory" tonneau cover will fit with the bed extender installed in the rear position (even though the accessorie booklet says it won't). There are a recessed areas molded in the underside of the cover to allow the bed extender to fit perfectly. I realize the question now will probably be, "How did he find this information out?" I had ordered two bed extenders and tonneau cover when I picked-up my vehicle. One extender to be mounted in the front position and the other for the rear position. As you probably already know, the tonneau cover wasn't released for shippment until the end of March. When I read that the bed extenders couldn't be used with the tonneau cover installed, I asked my dealership if I could return one (it was still in the original shipping container). Wanted to keep the other bed extender to use when I might have the tonneau cover off (not realizing how hard it might be to remove the tonneau cover). This was OK with my dealer and he refunded my purchase price on the extender ( just added it to a Ridgeline on the showroom floor). So this week after the tonneau cover was installed, I tried to install the bed extender to see if it would also fit and it did. Just passing this information along in case anyone was interested.... Nick :rolleyes:

#4 ·
In my case, probably will never remove the tonnaeu cover since I have a 5' wide by 8' long open flatbed trailer (usually used to haul a couple of Honda four wheelers and a Honda dirt bike motorcycle). Figure I could use this a lot easier to haul anything oversize that I would ever need to haul. Already set my Ridgeline up with a "full" size spare tire and a electronic brake control so I should be set... ;)

#5 · (Edited)
amazonEX-L said:
How is the tonneau cover working out for you. Can you remove it or would you ever want to? I would rather like the option of taking it off. Comment appreciated.
Hey there amazonEX-L. Just wanted to let you know that it took us 5 min. to remove, and 5 min. to put back (Honda cover). Four bolts removes the cover. 4 more removes the holding brackets, but you can leave them on the truck. I can remove it alone with little effort, two people makes it easier. Also keep the tracks clean before putting the cover back on. It helps when its clear of any small rocks and dirt buildup. Wouldn't have bought the cover if it was a problem to remove and put back. Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.