Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Help installing component speakers in front factory location.

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hofffam 
#1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously as I did try searching...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows where the front door speakers and the dash tweeters tie in to each other? I am installing some component speakers into my brand new 2012 Sport, and I would like to use the factory wiring and install the external crossover where the factory wiring splits between the tweeters and the mids.

Here is a quick breakout of my audio upgrade which will be completed in a few days:

1. Pioneer FH-P8000BT Double-Din In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver
  2. Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Digital Satellite Tuner
  3. Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface -- called and they said this will work
  4. Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System --- front
  5. Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers --- rear

Also if anyone has any recommendations as where to mount the XM tuner close to the HU that would be helpful. I removed the center dash console and noticed some type of silver metal box with a large wiring harness connected to it that was mounted on the floor under and behind the center dash console (basically directly under the HU on the floor). I can try to post a pic of this if needed. I am wondering if it would be okay to mount my XM tuner on top of it as I can easily remove the left panel to access it without having to remove the instrument panel or any other large panels.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That could be tough one to find, I think it would be easier to put new wire at least to the tweeter, if you use the factory wire you will have to cut it. too hard and not worth the time to find the split.

These are the 2 options, you can choose one.
you disconnect the factory tweeters for both options and forget the factory wiring for the tweeters, it would be better that way, just in case you sell the truck in the future, because then you just plug everything and just reconnect the leads that went to the xover to the mid driver . In any case You will need extra wire even if it is 2 feet to complete your connections even if you use all factory wiring.

For the options below you need new wire, 12 feet at least, just a guess.

Use the factory leads at the door near 6 1/2 driver to connect the xover placed inside the door, then from the xover go both drivers and for the tweeter go to window sail panel. Picture attached for an example

2. Find the factory wire near the glove box before it exits the door, place the xover there make all your connections and use new wire just for the tweeter, place a good flashlight on the factory dash tweeter location fish the wire from the bottom like another member did, using a wire hanger or other smooth wire and fish it up following the light.

Attachments

#4 ·
I don't think it should be hard to figure out. Open the dash and remove the headunit. Pop the right tweeter out (easy to do). Look at the wire colors. Trace it back to the headunit. The space in the dash is almost cavernous. The factory tweeters are connected in parallel with the front door speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.