Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

4 pot calipers?

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  quantummechanic 
#1 · (Edited)
4 pot calipers - getting closer with pics

Has there been any research into fitting a set of 4 pot calipers from another Honda product?
I did some initial research and it looks like the Acura RL has the same size front rotors as on the Ridge...
hmmm.

#2 ·
Has there been any research into fitting a set of 4 pot calipers from another Honda product?
I did some initial research and it looks like the Acura RL has the same size front rotors as on the Ridge...
hmmm.
I dont think there is enough clearance with the stock rims, You would need to up the rim size also,
I seem to remember one RL owner went down this road and was hit with clearance problems and bolt on options were slim.
Good luck with your research..

#9 ·
I put a set of EBC sport rotors (front and rear) with green pads on my '06 Element and it made a huge difference. They really complemented the Honda Anti-Lock after the install my E stopped more like a Civic.

#7 ·
Looks like I will have it accomplished soon...
Picked up a set of Acura RL Advics calipers and lines locally for an amazing deal of $100 for the pair. The Acura's rotor size is the same so no 'fudging' needed. The lines will bolt right up too.
I have the calipers at a friends getting machined and then its down to building a prototype adapter.
Should be all done in a couple weeks. :)

#20 ·
Yes, exactly.[/QUOTE

Actually I did the math...surface area of the pad and volume of the pistons.
All nearly the same...pad is a tad larger.
And not the first time I've done something like this, I'm certain it will work fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.