Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Warranty issues??????? and dumbed out TPMS

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MarylandRidge 
#1 ·
Hi again to everyone,

Has anyone else have their TPMS lights on and the dealership can't fix it under warranty?

Anyone else having the airconditioner adjuster clips falling off frequently? (my 4th time)

I just had a premature oil change done so I can save a trip to the delear so they can fix the TPMS, fix the airconditioning clips and take a look at my deeply scratched newly purchased side protectors.

According to Rouse Honda (where I bought the side protectors), now that the body side protectors are glued to my truck, it's still warranted for 12 months and can be changed by any Honda delearship as long as I have my receipt.I gave the receipt to the delearship and was so dumb not to have a personal copy.

When I pick up my truck I was told that the clips are special ordered, the manager was on a meeting thus unable to make the excecutive decision on whether I'm entitled to get a replacement on one of those defective side protectors, annd they can't absolutely find anything wrong on my TPMS though the light comes on after a mile of driving.

I am planning to call my credit card company and take out 1/8 of the cost of the body side protectors from Rouse Honda, if the delearship near me would't change my body side protectors. Maybe a delearship to delearship talk would produce better results, vs one lowly customer taking on Honda.What do you guys think?

Should I go to another delearship and have them troubleshoot this TPMS defect? The delership that can't repir it is one of those delearships with very excellent BBB record and in an affluent Maryland neighborhood, and has won the Honda presidents award 3 or mybe 4 years in a row.Does that award really mean anything?

In addition to the above irritants, have you guys have had the 30,000 (tire rotation, oil filter change, oil chage etc etc) mile maintainace done on your Ridgeline? I'm waiting for a service reminder to show in my dashboard before shelling out more dough. However my my TPMS lighs coming out and seems to be unrepairable, I don't trust my trucks computers anymore to show me an accurate reminder.Am I missing something?

Have any of you guys have a case of a broken clip/attachment ?( the 2 black clip/attachment that attaches the bed extender to the side of the Ridgeline bed). The spring mechanism of one of the attachments broke on my 3rd day of owning a bed extender, and I handle my Ridgeline with a lot of TLC.

Finally, can any of you guys with a retrax, suggest an alternative place where I can place the stopper so that my bed extender can flip fore and aft easily.

Guys thanks in advance for all the responses, and soory for the long rant.

Marylandridge

See less See more
#2 ·
On the TPMS issue, find another dealer to check it if the truck is covered by the original factory warranty. Also, do you have TPMS sensors on all five tires (Spare included)? If so, try removing the spare from the vevicle and go for a test drive for effect. If the light comes on and all four sensors are working, refer back to my original statement about another dealership.

The AC clips (For the vents ?) tend to get knocked off by kiddos or fiddo's feet by accident and should be easily remedied by replacements and additional training for kiddo / fiddo.

The receipt for the door moldings if paid for by credit card can be had from the credit card company. It will show to whom the amount was paid and when.

Good luck!

#3 ·
MikeT,

Thanks a lot. I'm going to have another Honda delearship resolve the TPMS while it's still under warranty. I should have waited for the 07 models and skipped the first year, Hondas are good but a lot of minor irritants equals a whole lot of delearship visits. My ridge has been to the shop for unscheduled visits seven times.Now the BORING 03 Rav4 that it replaced has never been to the shop except for scheduled maintainance.

Any Retrax owner here that have th bed extender as well? Did you relocate the stopper to make the extender flip fore and aft easily?

Has anyone done the DEALER recommended 30,000 mile maintainace or did you let the trucks figure out when it should be done?

Marylandridge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.