Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

I am BACK!

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  MoosePond 
#1 ·
Well folks I am back!

Here is the story. I purchased one of the first 2006 Ridgelines that my dealer in Connecticut received, it was a RTL that was Silver. It had NAV and other then that was stock.

I loved my Ridgeline.

I have always wanted a Hummer, so this past July there was a good deal on Hummers with 0% Financing. My wife knew I wanted a Hummer and talked me into getting a 2007 H3. It is Cherry Red and loaded (as far as Hummers go) so I got it. I hated getting rid of my Ridgeline though.

Anyways within a few days of driving the Hummer H3, I started to miss my Ridgeline. Everytime I would see one on the highway, my heart would sink. To make matters worse I couldn't carry a lot of stuff like I could with my Ridgeline. We went and purchased a 40" LCD HDTV for my bedroom and it wouldn't fit inside the Hummer! We had to go get my wifes CAR to get it home (Fit in her car find but not the Hummer), we went and purchased a fake christmas tree last year... same thing it wouldn't fit in the H3 but fit in my wifes car...

Everytime I would drive past a Ridgeline would make an "aww" sound. My wife finally got sick of my moaning and so today we went Ridgeline Shopping!

I am proud to say I just ordered a brand new 2008 RTL with Navi!

My last Ridgeline was Silver, but this time around I am going with the Black color. We also decided to load it up. While we understood it would be cheaper to have a lot of this stuff added elsewhere we decided just to do it all at once.

So here are the options I added to my new Black RTL with Navi

I-VES DVD for the kids.
Rear View Camera
Auto Day / Night Mirror (my last Ridgeline had it so I thought it was standard but alas it is not)
Bed Torrenu Cover system
Door Visors
GOLD Honda Emblem
Hood Air Deflector (with my old Ridgeline I never had so many bugs stuck to my windshield, so hopefully this helps)
Moon Visor
Rear Splash Guards
Chrome Side Steps

So out the door price (with Tax Title, Regstration etc.) was $40,657.94
Price before all that stuff was $37827.38 plus $133.00 (as I mistakenly selected back up sensors instead of the camera)

Looks like they will have it all ready for me on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I can't wait.

I am about $10,000 upside down on my Hummer, but I am happy. :)

Can't wait to get back into my Ridgeline!

See less See more
#2 ·
BTW I just also ordered Sirius Backseat Video so that the kids can watch Nick, Disney or Cartoon Network while we are driving.

Now I am just searching for a good Bluetooth Solution for the Ridgeline. I do wish they made something to interface Bluetooth with the navigtion system.

I had a Parrot 3100k in the Hummer but many times when I made a call the calls went through the headset and not the bluetooth system. This is an issue a lot of folks have had with this unit.

#9 ·
Now I am just searching for a good Bluetooth Solution for the Ridgeline. I do wish they made something to interface Bluetooth with the navigtion system.
You might want to check out the BlueAnt Supertooth II. I've had one for several months now and am very happy with it. It pairs easily with both my iPhone and the missus' Blackberry.

#5 ·
I am happy for you.... but then seriously, are you aware that 08 RTL w/ Nav are selling for $28K.

#10 ·
glad you ditched that thing, hate to tell you, but it wasn't a hummer, it was a rebadged tahoe:D

imho the last real hummer was the h1 alpha, the rest had too much stuff from the tahoe line (not that the original's 6.3 duramax counted or anyhting.. lol)

anyways... just glad you came to your senses

bdr

#11 ·
glad you ditched that thing, hate to tell you, but it wasn't a hummer, it was a rebadged tahoe:D

imho the last real hummer was the h1 alpha, the rest had too much stuff from the tahoe line (not that the original's 6.3 duramax counted or anyhting.. lol)

anyways... just glad you came to your senses

bdr
He said H3...... A rebadged Colorado complete with v5

#14 ·
Scott--10 grand in a year? You MUST have missed it! Glad to read your post as I was considering changing my "fleet" around; getting a used RAM for truck duties, and maybe a Miata for fun and gas savings. But, I love the RL and frankly, it wouldn't be worth the "hit" if I got rid of it now. Plus I know I'd miss it too...........smooth ride! Your post just confirmed that.

#17 ·
I will update my profile when I get my Ridgeline from the dealer. :)

I ordered the Sirius Backseat Video system, I am going to take it down to the dealer and see if they can install it for me while they got everything apart. Worse they can say is no. :D I don't mind paying them to do it.

The 10K is not normally something I can afford, however we just had a lemon law settlement with Toyota which gave us a lot of money plus my wife is trading in her car and is also getting a new car. (She is getting new new 2008 Lincoln MKZ) the money that is leftover from her stuff is enough to pay off the hummer after trade in. So thus is how I can afford to do this.

I cant wait to get my Ridgeline back!

#20 ·
Just an update, I now have my VIN number, and the truck will be delivered to the dealer today.

However with so much add ons the service manager has asked me to pick it up on Friday. :)

My Sirius Backseat Video was delivered yesterday and my wife took it down to the dealer to see if they could install it while they were doing everything else.

From the sounds of it they sounded excited to get to play with a new toy. :)

#22 ·
I have worked with some of the best Calibrators out there, Joe Kane and Gregg Loewen. I have taken a few classes and even went out and purchased a Spyder TV Professional unit which I use to do my own sets.

I never wanted to get into the business though, as my eyes are not as good as these other guys. :)

I cant wait to pick up my Ridgeline on Friday. :D

#23 ·
Joe is one of the true gurus and champions of high-end video and his Digital Video Essentials is a highly respected tool that most of us carry as a "backup" to our calibration equipment. DVD tools such as his are essential for tuning up DVD players as there's no way to insert a video generator signal into them.

You might want to take another look at the biz though as the newer equipment and software are more about advanced technology and standardized training and less about the eyesight of the individual calibrator. Professional calibration has come a long way since guys like Joe Kane and Joel Silver pioneered it with nothing but video test patterns and the skills they devloped through months and years of experimentation and dedication to the task.

Good luck with your new RL. :cool: Perhaps we'll be seeing both of you in Columbus in June?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.