Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2012 Sport Streering Audio Controls

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  groupset 
#1 ·
Would the steering wheel audio controls on the new 2012 Sport fit or be compatible to the RT audio? They appear to have the same radio.

Anyone here know?

#3 ·
Well, I'm seriously thinking about it if it's doable. Just trying to figure out if I really have the same deck as the 2012 Sport. I would like to simply plug in wires to the new steering. I just need to research this option more.

#11 ·
Was at the dealer today and asked the parts counter guy to check for part numbers for the 2010 VP vs the 2012 Sport. He did comfirm that they are the same deck. All parts invloved to do the switch came to about $150 but the mechanic dealer said it would be labor intensive to do the switch and may not be worth it. Not sure he knew what he was saying.

Anyone have an idea on labor time? Will need to replace control face plate, wire connectors, and need to add the radio control switche. He also said that they were the same parts for the RTL.

Keeping the steering wheel maybe(leather would be nice, using same air bag and cover, and same steering column(what's a ma call it?)

#12 ·
Hey, I think you should get the leather :) if you're going to add it - why not!

The part im puzzled is once you buy the buttons, cover etc.. is it just as simple as pluging it into something once the airbag removed? OR do you have to run something to the back of the HD?

#13 ·
The diagram I was looking at the dealer on their PC, it appears as the cruise control wire that goes to the steering has to be changed to a new one that has a splitter wire which gives you your audio. Not sure if you need another wire as I did not want to ask too many questions. Almost appears to be pre-wired up to the steering with a connection. I have a contact with a Honda tech guy from their dealer that does work from his garage at night. I will get him to look into it. He's going on vacation and when he comes back, then I'm gone on vacation so it could be May before I get this info.

#15 ·
You may be correct however, I don't have the RT model, I have the Canadian VP Model. I believe it's the same deck as the RT but without the aux jack. Canadian VP model comes with the aux jack, single CD, fog lights and 17" RTS alloy wheels and no sub. I just want to make sure before I order parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.