Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

vortex generator

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  joeykool 
#1 ·
hi everybody,

i just installed a vortex creator (obviously a knockoff of the Vortec Cyclone) into my air intake tube yesterday and i want to see if anyone out there also installed one and what results they experienced

the claim is that there is a slight increase in gas milage and horsepower due to a more efficient air flow to the throttle

obviously not as much as a cold air intake would

but for $15.00 on ebay - it was worth a shot

also i dropped one of the screws from the air filter box into the engine cavity and lost it, i went to the stealership and was told it would cost me $5.36 for the screw !!

wow i found one online for $2.20, even so that still is allot for 1 damn screw GEEEEZ at home depot i can get a BOX of screws for $5.00

#2 ·
If they worked as claimed, every car maker would install ones at the factory. Mythbusters did not get any add on to get any better mileage. If a cheap way existed, the car makers would have added by now.

#3 ·
thanks larry,

my best friend who is an engineer said the exact same thing

i guess i was in a little bit of shock going from a car that got me 26-28 mpg, to getting around 17-18 mpg

i dont regret getting the rl in the least bit

i did read many of that particular ebay sellers (99.2%) feedbacks and he had dozens of happy buyers saying nothing but positive things, so i decided to give it a shot :confused:

i will know soon enough if it doesnt work, i can take it out in 10 minutes

thank you again for your reply :)

joeykool

#10 ·
...or maybe an Ab Sonic group buy. I think they do the same thing...
No offense Joeykool. Just in fun bud. :D

Product Box Joint Carton Material property

#12 ·
I find it I just tune up the Flux Capacitor I get much better mileage, more horsepower, and more torque....:D

#13 ·
Your Mr. Power Nuclear Reactor is needed to get the Flux Capacitor charged.
Funny, It looks like a vortex generator. :D

#14 ·
yeah, it's almost too bad that Billy Mays didn't get the chance to promote this item ;)

i am going to now have to look for that proverbial "left handed smoke sifter" that was always refered to but never quite found, a can of ron popeil spray on hair and a suzanne somers thigh master as well :confused:

and hey, i drove my rl all day today and i didnt run out of gas, and i didnt cease the engine ( that would have been my luck ) :eek:

thanks to all you guys for responding, you're all cool dudes :cool:

#15 ·
Joey...I used to live in Stony Point (or Thiels?) about 30 years ago. Oh Jeez...30 years? Anyway, welcome to the ROC and don't waste your money attempting to mod for mpg. Many of us have been there and tried it all. Everything good, has an offsetting negative (IMHO). Lay off the pedal if you want to get better mpg.

#18 ·
The only place that an increase in air tubulence helps an engine is when the intake valves open. Anything upstream of that point that inhibits flow or creates more turbulence (read: restriction) will reduce power and MPG.

The question is: "how much?"

Every engine is different.....

Pop the engine cover off and just look at the complicated dual stage intake manifold. Adding to the maze with another barrier installed upstream, isn't going to help....

Just how do those companies stay in business selling cookie cutters ?..? :act060:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.