Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Bluetooth

21K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Nimbus Maximus 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if I can integrate the new Bluetooth accessory from the 2009 Ridgeline into my 2008 Ridgeline? If so does anyone have a part number and / or a cost?

Thanks!

Andrew

#2 ·
Andrew, my experience with oem-based bluetooth hands-free systems is that they don't work as well as the aftermarket units.

Before retrofitting one in yours, ask your Honda dealer to try out (test drive) an '09 Ridgeline and call a friend for his opinion during the drive.

Usually, I side with the mfrs on accessory items but this time, I beg to differ.:)

Can you hear me, can you hear me now?...o.k. How about now, can you hear me, can you hear me now?.....;)

#4 ·
Well if this application cannot be retrofitted for a 2008, can anyone recommend a really good aftermarket one that will integrate into the stock stereo system?

#5 ·
It`s not what you asked, sorry for that... but stock radio sucks. period.

You can get aftermarket unit like Pioneer deh-7000 or deh 700 with integrated bluetooth for $220-300. It sounds better, looks awesome and works great.

I have it in both of my vehicles. Install was 1 hours plug and play and I can play mp3 flies on CD and Thumb drive, Ipod interface also included with DEH-700.

#6 · (Edited)
I went with the parrot line, and the plug in harness. There was no wore cutting etc, and it works well. Sosche is coming out with a honda kit that uses on screen......it was coming out the beginning of 08, then summer, the site says Sept 08, and on-line I am seeing estimates of 1st qtr 09. The Sosche product for GM is out finally, and has gotten OK reviews.

Parrot works well, is easy to install, just wish it integrated to the screen.

#7 ·
I have the parrot. It works very well, mutes the stereo and Nav.
sound quality is very good & people can here me well. Road noise is about the same as when I just use my mobile phone.

My Parrot sync's with my iPhone with no problems.

G-

#8 ·
Greg,

I just purchased the Parrot 3100 off of a fellow list member, but hadn't found anyone who was able to tell me conclusively that it would wire up using the Parrot Honda harness to the back of the Ridgeline's factory stereo with Nav and subwoofer. I see that you have the factory nav....but do you have the factory sub?

The official word from Crutchfield is that it won't work. The rep I spoke with on the phone said that he wasn't sure about that, and that I should call Parrot. Parrot's website says "Fits all". It's really not that expensive of an experiment, I just hate buying stuff that doesn't work. :)

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

--Jason

#9 ·
I also have a parrot bluetooth. I believe it is 6100 or 6400? Can't remember without looking at the paperwork. I had it installed by CC and paid $50 for the harness.
My RL also has the factory sub. It mutes everything but the sub. If I had the stereo cranked up high, you can still faintly here the radio. I was wondering if I got a different sub if that would change?:confused:

#10 ·
Dan,

I did a search and some reading. Turns out that there is a way to put a relay in to completely mute the sub as well. For most people, it doesn't sound like there's been too much of an issue.

I'm going to go ahead with the install and leave the sub relay out, only adding it if I find the amount of noise from the sub objectionable. Good to know that there are options.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.