Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

13K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  tscdc 
#1 ·
When and where is the 2008 Ridge Run going to be?:)

#5 ·
here are my inputs to TMac as to some locals that might be fun.

Branson, MO

Knoxville - Pigeon Forge TN

Las Vegas, NV

Memphis, TN

Nashville, TN

Williamsburg, VA

Atlantic City. NJ

Yellowstone National Park, WY

Salt Lake City, UT

Moosepond's house in VT

#6 ·
TN would be fun. There should be some good off roading opportunities there as well as cruising spots.

#12 ·
That depends on the Meet. Some Meets are only a day, others start on a Friday night with the official Meet on a Saturday, then a small get together over breakfast before Sunday's departure. The National is pretty much the same.

National Meets are logistically difficult to arrange due to the large number of RL's/people in attendance. Usually, there is more than one activity planned with owners deciding which activity they'll attend.

Regionals are easier. Everyone can attend an activity and dinner together because the attendees number around 30 and most activities and large restaurants will handle crowds of that size.

The last National had over 40 trucks. Figure 2 people per truck and you can see the difficulties involved in planning an event of that size.

#13 ·
Some day we will hit one, My oldest son, granddaughter and Daughter-in law still live with us along with my youngest son and our daughter, with Seven people in the house its hard to do anything but pay the bills LOL. We will get there eventually. He should be in his house by May or so depends on how cold it is,renovating a home in the dead of winter and your son is a software engineer is hard work. Great son just not very mechanically inclined, got that from his mother. :)

#16 ·
Do I hear a nomination for Nashville for the 2008 National, or is Mr Mac locked in to a Western location? (Fair being fair, of course :))

#15 ·
I look forward to finding out. For me, it will help plan around the family vacation. Last year it clashed with the family trip.

With enough notice, I can fill up my piggy bank to save for the high price of gas (which I estimate will be close to $4 by next summer :eek: )

#19 ·
Branson is nice and centrally located!!! Not sure about offroading, but it is in the Ozark Mountains. I am sure there would be somewhere close to hill climb:D.

#20 ·
Branson, MO sounds good to me too. Have talked about going there several times and besides, it's not that far away from where we live. My wife and I had a great time at last year's national meet in St. Louis.

#21 ·
I can tell you this much...

It's still too early to name anything "official", but I am in negotiations with some important people in order to pull off something good for 2008. We are trying to nail that down now.

Why's it taking so long? Well, in the past I was able to pick a weekend, hotel and tell everyone we are ready to go. This year I want to do something even bigger/better and in order to pull that off, it requires more coordination with others.

I am trying for late June to avoid the extra degrees of July/August months. Not sure how lucky I'll be. DO NOT take that as gospel at this point. If I'm told June won't work, I'm taking whatever I can get. It will be worth it. ;)

I can also tell you it's most likely that this will be a combo meet weekend with Element, Ridgeline, CR-V and Odyssey clubs together at a hotel and some separate events for each group to do.

I'll post more as soon as I know anything official enough to post it.

#23 ·
DAMN! I'll drive anywhere for this, I'll make it work :D

Me: Boss, Can I take two weeks off for a truck meet?
Boss: What?
Me: I need to feed my addiction....can I borrow some gas money? :eek:

#24 ·
Branson is my vote as well. Beautiful in the Ozarks and centrally located for many folks.
Any kind of food you can think of and lots of hotel choices and because there's so many in a small area, they're all good and competitively priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.