Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Does TPMS need to be reconfig/reset after tire rotation

25K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  oldbuckman 
#1 ·
It's time for my Ridgeline to do a tire rotation. A concern is about the TPMS. I was told by some one that I have to do the tire rotation at Honda dealer. Because the TPMS won't work after the tire rotation. The TPMS needs to be reset after tire rotation because it need to know the tire's new position.

I do not think so, but I am not going to take the risk. Does any one do the tire rotation himself and no TPMS reset needed?

I think the TPMS does not care which tire is in which position, as long as I am still using the same 4 tires (with the same 4 sensors). Can any one confirm this?

Thanks

Kevin Z

#5 ·
I too have rotated my tires on my own. TPMS works fine.

I'm curious about the TPMS requiring reprogramming when buying new tires.

When buying new tires for my 2009 sometime in the future, can places that sell tires do the required reprogramming or do I have to take it back to the dealer for the reprogramming?

#13 ·
Assuming your TPMS on your dash tells you wich one is not working, you should go back and show them which tire is giving you a problem.

It could be a s simple as just needing to be resealed!

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.