Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Ridgeline's can tow (photos)

1M views 2K replies 573 participants last post by  bhom920 
#1 · (Edited)
Ridgelines can tow (photos)

Here's a few examples of Ridgelines towing trailers. Do you have any to add?!?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I was going to post mine, but you beat me to it! I'm the last one there, black Ridgeline with a black enclosed trailer.

Well, here's another towing adventure with it anyway, with a fridge in the bed to boot.

Attachments

#6 ·
Dude! Your's is one kewlest looking rigs on the ROC!! Thanks for the additional photos. I love it when people pull along side us to find that a little Ridgeline is yanking our camper around with both bikes in the back!

#7 ·
5S Dude said:
Dude! Your's is one kewlest looking rigs on the ROC!! Thanks for the additional photos. I love it when people pull along side us to find that a little Ridgeline is yanking our camper around with both bikes in the back!
Thanks! These pics were back when it was pretty much bone-stock, I hadn't even had the windows tinted yet I don't think.

I'm hoping to get one of the folding travel trailers eventually, and a Honda ATV for the bed of the truck. :D

#10 ·
That’s awesome Hez! Your Ridge probably tows the heaviest loads in the club next to the guys that tow car haulers. How much does it weigh with your horses inside?!? And thanks for the photos too…

#17 ·
Thanks! Awesome photos everyone!

Wow! I was lookin all over for vertrkr’s boat! Thanks brah! That just plain looks heavy….

2006Ridgeline yanking that 57’ Bel-Air looks like an awesome load too….

Gene r, What can we say!! I think most of us all love bikes. Thanks for the great pictures.

Keep um flowing in gang…..

#19 ·
for sure it can tow!!! heres mine at work

Attachments

#21 ·
5S Dude said:
Thanks for the absolutely awesome photos kameleon! Your Civic is really a show stopper too.
thank you my friend

#23 ·
M&T said:
Here's what we tow. Love the Ridgeline and Aerolite. Aerolite factory weight was 3830 lbs with all factory installed options.
Thanks for the great photo M&T! Do you find the need for a weight distribution hitch with any additional sway bars while towing your beautiful Aerolite? or do you simply hook up and go like us. Happy Campin!!

#25 ·
5S Dude said:
Thanks for the great photo M&T! Do you find the need for a weight distribution hitch with any additional sway bars while towing your beautiful Aerolite? or do you simply hook up and go like us. Happy Campin!!
I believe I spy a WDH in his photo.

That is a nice trailer. I've been thinking about getting one of those collapsible travel trailers though. Those things are seriously light weight and you can get a much bigger interior space because of the way it folds out than with the fixed wall models.

#26 ·
Originally Posted by 5S Dude
The dealer offered a used WDH at a attractive price. We also decided to get a sway bar. After reading about the various discussions of WDH I was confident that the dealer installed it correctly and showed me how to use it without overstressing the frames. We got the sway bar due to crosswinds and the passing trucks in this area that we experienced in my 01 Odyssey.

I was also able to install the Prodigy brake controller myself with no problems. The comments in forum did help find the connector under the dash and give other tips.

Just a side note. After the trailer was all hooked up and ready for us to take it home from the dealer, the technicians checked the lights and the brake and turn signals on the trailer did not work. With their tester, they determined the trailer was wired correctly. Then they trouble-shot the Ridgeline and found that a 7.5 amp fuse had blown somehow. It was replaced and all worked correctly.

It may be a while before we visit the western USA. This year it will be mainly Texas and Florida. Next year possibly up to Yellowstone.

#365 ·
the 7.5 amp fuse is too low IMO and based on the wiring size it makes no sense to me why Honda made it so low. I had the same problem and it kept blowing and leaving the turn signal lights dead on the trailer. It eventually took a 15 amp fuse to keep the turn signals from kicking it out. We did significant testing on the trailer wiring and lights (it was basically new) and there is nothing wrong with it. No problems since going to the higher fuse amps for the past 18 months. Others have had this problem too.

Where did you find a swaybars for the Ridgeline? I've been looking for a long time and it seems like none of the aftermarket companies make them? I don't have any sway issues, even in high crosswinds. I never installed sway control or weight distribution as a result even though I have all the parts in my garage. I want swaybars to decrease body roll during general driving with the Ridge.

MS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.