Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Chirping sound from under the hood...?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CUinaRidge 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am posting here to help my Dad. This is the issue he is having:

My ridgeline is making a "Chirping" noise and I was originally told by the Honda Service here in town that they thought it was comming from the Power Steering pump and they tried replacing that on another vehicle with the same engine but it still made the chirping noise. I have since talked to the customer service personnel on the phone and found out that they do have a supposed fix - put a shim behind the timming belt pully! Please see what you can find out on the honda blogs or where ever. I don't really understand if it was production issue that should or was there from day one why did it take so long for the noise to be heard? and will anything else be effected by the thing being out of allignment and after changing it will other seals or pulleys have to be replaced??

thanks for the help!!

His ridgeline is only a couple of years old.

-Jason

#3 ·
Jsunn,
when do you hear the chirping noise? all the time (consistent repetition or random?), over bumps, on startup? etc.?

#4 ·
I'm just funnin' you, but you should search the forums for the word "bird."

One guy had birds nesting inside a front fender. Several others, myself included, have retrieved mummified bird carcasses from various locations behind the front grill, bumper skin & fender liner.

So... Chirping under the hood?

#5 ·
i haven't seen this issue myself, however, one of my co-workers did the shim fix on a pilot. Basically, it is just a slight belt noise. It doesn't pose any damage or long-term concerns, and the shim brings the pulley into perfect alignment, eliminating the noise. It will probably come out as a service bulletin, but because there is no worry of damage or part failure, a recall won't happen.

HT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.