Finally - A Turbo For You Guys! - Page 24 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #231
shapnasty
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Formal Black

Send a message via AIM to shapnasty
Re: Finally - A Turbo For You Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
Probably going after the Milenium Falcon's record for the Kessel Run! If he can do it in 11 parsec's he's in!
Maybe so..
RBS Response Boat Tactical Crew
MLB Heavy Weather Engineer
Ice Rescue Swimmer & Iceboat crew
Detroit Diesel, MTU & Cummins Tech

USCG Station Cape May NJ (2007-09)
USCG Station St. Clair Shores MI (2009-13)
USCG Station Milford Haven VA (Current)

Had:84 Honda Gyro, 98 Honda 300EX, 98 Honda CR125, 2004 Honda Civic Si.

06 Nissan Quest S <= Swagga Wagon
shapnasty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #232
amev30
2014 SPORT
White/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
That's a nearly impossible scenario. First, there is no turbo in the world that can create a vacuum on the exhaust side to suck anything in from a downstream muffler. Second, I've seen a lot of mufflers but none with steel wool in them (but that doesn't mean they don't exist). Thirdly, there are two sides to a turbocharger, the exhaust simply drives the turbine... there is no connection between the intake and exhaust. In other words nothing could possibly be 'sucked' in from the exhaust side and end up in the intake side.

The more likely scenario is that you found out that the stock engine has ZERO chance of being boosted to 15 lbs. and last more than a short period of time.

As pointed out earlier... if you stay at 7 lbs. or less you should be OK for some time, but you'll can at least expect the engine to last less than 50k miles. You cannot expect to increase cylinder pressure on that magnitude without significant damage to components that were never designed for such conditions. There are no free rides.

Dude, he put the muffler on the intake side- read the post.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #233
amev30
2014 SPORT
White/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
First off, I don't know the guy and have no intention of attacking him personally.

If you post on this forum some absurd story I, or anyone else, has the right, and maybe responsibility, to point out that it's absurd or factually incorrect. I do not believe this guy, or anyone else, would weld up a muffler to the intake. That is not a personal attack. If you said you drove your Ridgeline into the side of a cliff and didn't get a dent I'd say the same about you.

Are his actions hurting me or the community? Yes, I believe he is. He's trying to convince people that you can successfully make such extreme modifications to a stock engine without repercussions. I feel that it's the responsible thing to do to point out that there is no free lunch in this fantasy. If you read what the guy is really trying to do... sell turbo kits... you then see who has the real agenda (and it's not me).

Joe, I hate that you are a lifetime member, this comment of yours hurts this community. Secondly, your anti-spam measure in the signature is dated and ineffective. Keep up or leave.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #234
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by amev30 View Post
Joe, I hate that you are a lifetime member, this comment of yours hurts this community. Secondly, your anti-spam measure in the signature is dated and ineffective. Keep up or leave.
That is so people can contact me. I am the one and ONLY ROC email address that people can contact.

So in all due respect I say the same to you. Either deal with it or leave.

All content i publish is Copyright at the time and date published by Joe Wolf. Opinion is not subject to Copyright.
csimo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #235
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

As for this entire thread... it was a FARCE, a SCAM. Anyone that would believe such nonsense deserves what they get. Mufflers on the intake, etc.

The result is the guy screwed around and destroyed his engine. All you pie in the sky people that can't deal with the truth can swallow a huge dose of REALITY.

I won't post here again. The world is full of idiots and if this is what you want to do then you'll fit right in. I'm sure you also believe in magic fire injector spark plugs, magic fuel pellets, and fuel line magnets. Vendors love to prey on the weak minded.

All content i publish is Copyright at the time and date published by Joe Wolf. Opinion is not subject to Copyright.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #236
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

Quote:
I'm sorry you can't deal with the truth. Find fantasy land and live there. Every word I posted is TRUE. Live with it. Others would have just banned you outright, but not me.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #237
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
You are quite late to the game. This was pointed out very early in the thread. No news here. Move along.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #238
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

I'm going to close this thread. It offers no value and is a good example of what not to do. I suspect much of it was nothing more than fantasy and what the OP did just resulted in a destroyed engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Tags
dyno , exhaust , performance , turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.