Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Perpetual Price Thread

519K views 2K replies 999 participants last post by  haar 
#1 ·
I got this idea from the elementownersclub and thought it was a superb idea
So. . .

"If you have recently bought an Ridgeline or received a price quote please post it here.

For the sake of comparison post the price of the Ridgeline and trim level BEFORE tax, destination charge, options, etc. If you wish you can also post the price of options and paper work fees etc."

I'll start:

06 RTL 27,182 (Credit Union)

06 RTL with navi at 29,500. (Over the phone)

Thanks

#2 ·
Bought my '07 RTX this past Monday for what I was told was $400 under dealer invoice. I paid $25642 before TT&L. Got the pinstripe free because when they traded for the Dark Cherry the credit union manager didn't notice it before we had finished the papers.

#3 ·
Engyo, a quick check on Edmunds or CarPoint would have told you that dealer invoice, including destination charges, was $26,086, so it was actually $444 below invoice. Invoice prices are readily available on the Internet, so it is a good idea to go in with advance knowledge so as to put yourself in a better bargaining position. This time you were told the truth.

#4 ·
Purchased June 30, 2006
2006 RTL w/ moonroof and rear splash guards including destination
$ 27,550
Tax
$ 2,307
Registration
$ 87

Total = $ 29,944

#5 ·
2007 RTL (No Nav) purchased 10/6/06. $29,600 before destination and TTL. :D

#6 ·
RTX price

Greeting Ridge Owners :)

I just joined the club today, been lurking for the past week.
Just picked up a formal black RTX for $24.5k (OTD with TTL and running boards $26.7k) :p
Nothing like the deal RamzeyRTX got, but I'm happy (b/c under invoice)

I hope this helps some shoppers determine their deals. I checked this forum for the prices people reported, which helped me figure out what I was willing to pay. Thanks all, and I'll see you on the boards.

#7 ·
Great deal Frank. Welcome to the ROC & congrats on your new ride. Are you in the Fairfax area? I used to do the Frederick to Rte. 50 (Merrifield) commute every day. Spent time in the Dulles area too.

#12 ·
I just picked up a 2007 black RTL (no nav) over the weekend for $29,750 including destination, before tt&l. Got running boards and fogs dealer installed for another $750. I was happy with the deal as it came in $506 under invoice for just the truck.

Purchased date was 11/11/2006.

Dan

#14 ·
I bought my 06 Silver RTL (no nav or sunroof) in Septermber 06 for $25800.
before tax and license:

Included:

Rear Mug Guards
Tow Package, Installed
Low Jack with Early Warning

Just went through paint problems and bad handling from the dealer and I settled for a FREE:

8yr/120K warranty (no deductible)
Honda Black Tube Steps.

Pretty Happy.

#17 ·
It's really interesting (and a little frustrating) for me to see the great pricing people are getting for RTX's (and Ridgelines in general) in the Eastern and Southern US. The story for me so far out here in the Northwest is not as positive.

So far, I've directly contacted more than 20 dealers in Washington and Oregon. In addition, I've been working the online sources (CarsDirect, Costco, Auto Solutions, etc. just to name a few). I haven't received quotes back from everyone yet. However, among the quotes I've seen so far, most are coming in somewhere between $300 to $1000 over invoice (which for an 07 RTX is about $26,100). When you add the 9.1% auto sales tax rate up here, it looks like the best out-the-door price I've been able to uncover so far will be almost $29K -- for an RTX!!!

Oh, well, I'll keep moving forward. Maybe I'll be able to find that one hungry dealer around month-end.....

For those of you who were able to find pricing under invoice -- any special negotating tips you employed that helped get that pricing?

Thanks to everyone for posting your ideas and experiences. It's been a big help to me in my buying process.

Mongo

#18 · (Edited)
Hi there!
I'm new to posting on these forums but I have been scanning them forever. Finally went to Executive Honda in Wallingford, CT. They have an 2006 RTS demo with about 3k mileage that they are offering me for invoice, 27,660.
No add-ons.
Any thoughts?
Is this a good price for a demo?
Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

edited: I originally did not put RTS. Maybe not such a good deal?

#19 ·
Doktorkay said:
Hi there!
I'm new to posting on these forums but I have been scanning them forever. Finally went to Executive Honda in Wallingford, CT. They have an 2006 RTL demo with about 3k mileage that they are offering me for invoice, 27,660.
No add-ons.
Any thoughts?
Is this a good price for a demo?
Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
I don't think it is a good quote. You should be able to get an unused 06 for less.
Also, check the date code and try to keep your purchase to anything over September 05. My limit was January of 06 and newer.
Be firm on what you want to pay.
Good luck.

#20 ·
Mongo -

Do you have a credit union? My credit union has a program that allows members access to fleet pricing from participating dealerships. I have bought both my recent Hondas this way, and been offered under invoice both times.

#21 ·
In the last 8 months it was common for someone to post a brand new purchase of an 06 for around $6000 off MSRP. The demo would be another 800 or so off.

Don't, expect a good deal though. The few leftover demos tend to be worked for almost as much as a new sale. (The demo factor) The last of last years demo model seems to have a magic all its own.

Click on my screen name and look thru my posts. Take up "Just ask"'s kindly offer to email you the fightingchance.com package on the RL. His deals with leases but I can email you one on the dodge that deals with direct purchase.
Also read Remar Suttons book. The Rl depreciates about 10k off list 1st year, so you want about 5-6k off an 07 to make economic sense.

Happy Hunting

--jjf

#22 ·
mongo said:
Oh, well, I'll keep moving forward. Maybe I'll be able to find that one hungry dealer around month-end.....

For those of you who were able to find pricing under invoice -- any special negotating tips you employed that helped get that pricing?

Thanks to everyone for posting your ideas and experiences. It's been a big help to me in my buying process.

Mongo
The best advice is to shop about a week before the end of the month. Have a price in mind and stick to it. Be willing to walk out the door and just tell the salesperson to call you if they change their mind. It took 3 days to get our price and 7 days to get them up $3,000 on our trade in value. We waited it out and bought the RTX the end of October.

#24 ·
Doktorkay said:
Pardon, but I am confused;

"Also, check the date code and try to keep your purchase to anything over September 05. My limit was January of 06 and newer.
Be firm on what you want to pay."

Where do you get the "date code"?
The reason for the date code is the date given in the past, as the last month where a lot of the nick nack problems were happening with the first year trucks.
Even though I've read that oven 07s are having water leaks and windshield noise problems, I wanted to be safe and looked for an 06 with the date code starting with January of 06. The date code is found on the driver's side door post under the striker (where the door latches on to).

#25 ·
Dnarose
Looks like you got about the same deal as I did on my RTX. I had to pay about $700 in taxes here in VA.

Mongo
Your biggest advantage/negotiating tip is knowing what you want to pay for the car and being able to walk out if the dealership is unable to meet your needs. Another is all this information and reports of prices in this forum; Follow some of the other pricing threads and use those as guidelines as to how low you can get the price. Also follow the guidelines of some members as to how to get quotes from as many dealers as possible in your area.

Ultimately so long as you are happy with what you paid for the car, that is what counts b/c in the end, someone at some later time will get a better price than you. I know, I just bought mine a week ago, I got a similar price to what Dnarose and accordingtoome got, but no where near what RamzeyRTX got.

#26 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone :)

Just registered.

Picked up my new 2007 RTL yesterday.

Paid Invoice + destination also got the wheellocks, splash guards, bed trunk dividers and rear underseat storage included.

$30,538.88

Of course just recieved an email quote today saying Tipon Honda would beat any price by $300 - 500 bucks.... oh well lol...they waited to long to send the offer. I had waited a week for responses before even heading out to actaully look on the lots.

I got the price and a nice fair amount of 16k on a 2003 very average condition accord ex-v6 on my trade-in without any real struggle. Of course that was with having one foot actually outside the door leaving before they caved.

Financed a portion of the truck and got a 5.75% rate 60 months

This is a great site, keep up the good work guys and gals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.