Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Another review from consumer Reports

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Dragonslayer 
#1 ·
#6 ·
This review/report has been out for a few weeks. It's an excellent review and says a lot about the reliablity of Honda products.

I was reading one of those pages, either at edmunds or another, where people can write their own reviews of different vehicles. I was reading one where either a Frontier or Sport Trac fan said something like, "How can the RL be considered one of the most reliable vehicles out there when it's been out for less than or year? What a crock. Consumer Reports doesn't know what it is talking about". (I paraphrased there a bit but the content is basically correct).

I still don't understand the complete hatred some people have the Honda/the RL. I mean, if somebody decided to buy a F-150, a Taco, a Dakota, I would just say, "That's a good choice, just not the one I would have made", and I would not go out and write a review on something just because I hate it. Makes no sense to me.

#7 ·
cdepuydt said:
This review/report has been out for a few weeks. It's an excellent review and says a lot about the reliablity of Honda products.

I was reading one of those pages, either at edmunds or another, where people can write their own reviews of different vehicles. I was reading one where either a Frontier or Sport Trac fan said something like, "How can the RL be considered one of the most reliable vehicles out there when it's been out for less than or year? What a crock. Consumer Reports doesn't know what it is talking about". (I paraphrased there a bit but the content is basically correct).

I still don't understand the complete hatred some people have the Honda/the RL. I mean, if somebody decided to buy a F-150, a Taco, a Dakota, I would just say, "That's a good choice, just not the one I would have made", and I would not go out and write a review on something just because I hate it. Makes no sense to me.
I hear you cdepuydt, I was reading a review about the new Dodge Rampage..which was copied from the RL, Autospies.com gave it great reviews, but not the RL.:confused:

#8 ·
arman said:
I hear you cdepuydt, I was reading a review about the new Dodge Rampage..which was copied from the RL, Autospies.com gave it great reviews, but not the RL.:confused:
Interesting. With all of the speculation regarding whether the Ridgeline will be a large seller for Honda, Dodge brings out an extremely close copy designed for people who need the utility of a pickup but want something more practical.

This seems to be an endorsement of the RL as apparently Dodge must believe this type of vehicle can stand to have an additional direct competitor.

#9 ·
Well, from what I can see from the reviews of the Rampage, it is getting good reviews because it comes/will come with a V-8 Hemi. Of all the poor reviews of the RL, the main theme seems to be no available V-8 and, since there is not one available, a lot of reviewers remark that it's not a "real truck" or it's a "girly truck"....because you can't get that "real truck" power.

So, I guess that makes the Taco, Frontier, Colorado, etc., non-trucks also....I dunno.

#11 ·
RedrockRT said:
cdepuydt, when I got my RT, I had a guy at work already tell me it is a "girl truck". At first it burnt my rear, but before the conversation was over, he told me one of his best friends just traded in his 2005 Toyota Tundra for a Ridgeline. He said he couldn't understand why, but that it must be a good truck.

P.S. This guy is driving a Saturn Vue, so I don't know what he is belly aching about! :D
Yeah, well, it used to bother me too. When people would say those kinda things about the RL in general, it would kinda get under my skin, but now it doesn't bother me one bit, because I know how well built my RL is, and I just plain like it.

A good example.... I had a guy at work, when I told him I bought an RL, ask me, "Why didn't you buy a real truck"? That comment kinda upset me, but I let it slide. About 2 weeks later, when a group of us were going to lunch, I volunteered to drive and he ended up riding with me. When we got back to work he said, "Wow, I didn't realize that a RL would be THAT nice.....I wish I could afford one right now".

So, my opinion is, anybody who says the RL isn't a "real" truck, is either jealous, or they have no idea what the RL is all about.

#12 ·
cdepuydt said:
A good example.... I had a guy at work, when I told him I bought an RL, ask me, "Why didn't you buy a real truck"?
I used to get the same questions... then I started asking them what is was that made them think it wasn't a "real" truck and most of them didn't have an answer for that!!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.....maybe we should talk LadyRidge into designing us some vinyl stickers for our RL's that say... "It is too a real truck!!!" :D

#13 ·
I have a friend that wish's that he had waited for the RL , he bought his Kings Ranch version ford F-250 last year and thinks the RL would be a better fit for himself and his hunting buddies . He loves the trunk . He is jealous that he does not own a Ridgeline . Whenever I am doing his yard he asks if he can show it to a friend . I of course have to go through the RL show routine. I don't mind in the least .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.