Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

River Oaks Honda in Calumet City?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  brigixined 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with this dealer?
Thanks.
Don

#3 ·
I e-mailed them for their best price when I was gonna buy my RL. That was back in March 2007. I wasn't happy with their slow response, but after that they did call. They were higher than the bid I received from Community Honda in Orland, and while they said they'd match any bid, I got tired of playing telephone tag with them, plus their location was not as convenient for me to get to as Community's, so I scratched them from my list. I also just didn't "feel" right about them - it's not defineable but I was not comfortable. Maybe it was justified, maybe not. There was also only one person that I could deal with, and he was not available a lot of the time.

Planet Honda in Matteson was over $1200 higher than anyone else with their bid. I am not impressed with them - they screwed up my wife's CRV during an oil change - they left off the oil filler cap and didn't tighten the filter adequately. It was a real mess.

I've had good luck with Community Honda, although I've only used their service department 2 times. The actual sale was (if this is possible) the most positive car buying experience I've ever had.

#4 ·
I also just didn't "feel" right about them - it's not defineable but I was not comfortable. Maybe it was justified, maybe not.
oc,
Thanks for the feedback, and confirmation. Sometimes you have to follow your gut; that's why I was asking.
Don

#5 ·
Like OldCoastie, I too, bought my 2006 RTS at Community Honda in Orland Park, IL. The salesman was cool, I wasn't pressured. I haven't had to bring my Ridgeline in for service, though I need to get some fluids changed, so I can't comment on the service dept. All in all, it was a positive experience. I had a trade in, and they gave me what was looking for .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.