Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Midwesterners, which state do you reside?

• Illinois

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • Indiana

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • Michigan

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • Ohio

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 40 25.6%

Poll: Midwest RL owners, what state are you in?

13K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  hawkeye16 
#1 ·
I am just curious of the breakdown by state

(1) Vote for the beautiful state of Illinois

I grew up in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago, and recently moved to the beautiful, although backwards river town of Marseilles aprox 70 miles sw of Chicago. I love the midwest especially Wisconsin.

#2 ·
Chisoxjim,
We here in Kansas consider ourselves midwesterners. Do you?
Steve
PS Illinois is beautiful and I love visiting Chicago. Congrats of your Championship. I was rooting for ya! I included this pic just in case you've never been there. ;)

Attachments

#3 ·
geotech,

isnt Kansas considered a "plains state" ? I was just giving the states listed on the Midwest Thread sorry i left you guys out.

Chicago is great, like people say a clean/safe version of New York City.....

I have not been to Wrigley in about 15 years, In that time I have seen probably 200 White Sox games @ the Cell. I had season tix for a few years, and love the AL.

#4 ·
To get an idea of my age, I made my father take me to Municipal in KC to see the 1959 go go White Sox. I was a huge Aparicio/Fox/Ted/Landis/Jungle Jim/Lollar/Wynn fan. But mostly I loved the speed and defense! :D

#5 ·
geo,

impressive, I was not alive in 1959, I was born in 1970, so I am jealous that you got to see one of the greatest White Sox teams ever...I wish the current Mayor Daily would have set off the air raid sirens, when the Sox won, like his daddy did back in 1959, from what I hear everyone thought the Russians were coming... And that was for claiming the AL pennant, not a World Series.

#6 ·
chisoxjim said:
geo,

I wish the current Mayor Daily would have set off the air raid sirens, when the Sox won, like his daddy did back in 1959, from what I hear everyone thought the Russians were coming... And that was for claiming the AL pennant, not a World Series.
I did not know that! Yes, we would have thought the nuclear winter was upon us (duck and cover). It was in 1961 (I think) that I saw Sherm hit the bullseye home run target in centerfield that Finley had put up for the A's. I had shook his huge hand before the game. Perhaps this should be an off topic discussion.

#10 ·
xesmajew,

where is Mokena? I live out sw of the city.

So far I have tickets to the Aug 12 game against the Tigers, I imagine i will fit in a couple more, but now that i live so far from the city I usually watch on tv, or listen to the radio.

#13 ·
hey what about iowa? i'm transplanted from western illinois along the mississippi river. hey anyone know where i could get cubs tickets wihtout breaking the bank. i promised my 9yr old that we could go to wrigley this year, but i don't want to get a second mortgage just for some tickets.

#17 ·
xesmajew,

I actually was looking at a map yesterday afternoon, and saw mokena, I was getting directions for one of my truck drivers for a school we are building in Frankfort. Do you work in the S. Suburbs, or closer to the city.? I work over in Burr Ridge, and live down off the illinois river in Marseilles, 70 miles from Chitown.

#18 ·
I work on North Michigan Ave. in Chicago. I take the train most days. The traffic and expense to park down here is bad to say the least. My wife has a Chrysler Mini Van but if I leave the RL she always uses that instead. I have a daughter that is 12 and she loves the RL and really hates the Mini van! I do a lot of work on the weekends and I had a CRV before the RL. It was fantastic but to small for my needs.

#19 ·
I live in the Milwaukee area. I've been seeing more and more Ridgelines around too. I've got to get one of those stickers for my back window to advertise this site!

#21 ·
embo,

for some reason the ROC lists Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas as Heartland states...? I thought they were in the midwest too....

coolcat,

I love Milwaukee, and Wisconsin in general. Next to Hawaii, Florida, and S. Carolina , Wisconsin is one of my favorite states.. I will be heading to Sheboygen/Kohler next month for a weekend...

#22 ·
embo,

I will be heading to Sheboygen/Kohler next month for a weekend...
Was that for camping at Kohler/Terry Andrae State Park, on Lake Michigan?

We camped there back in the 1970s, and we plan to camp there with our daughter & 3 of the grandkids sometime this summer (2007).

I drove through there 2 years ago on the way back from a Coast Guard reunion, and it looked great.

#24 ·
chisoxjim, 10-4 on the Bratfest! :cool:

We really like it up in behind that Cheddar Curtain! We might even retire there; our daughter lives in Wisconsin, and a good friend's daughter is a real estate agent near LaCrosse.

Happiness will be Illinois in the rear view mirror!! ;)

My Coast Guard reunion is up in Green Bay this year. I just HATE making that trip every year! :D

#25 ·
oldcoastie,

I really enjoy going up to "gods country" for a quick weekend,. THe folks up there that I have run into seem to be just like me, a bunch of regular folks who wants to kick back and have some fun.

I do get teased occasionally for being from the Chicago area by Packers fans, but I quickly tell them I dont like the Bears at all, and prefer the Pack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.