Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Need Help With Front Seat

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CRAZYINDIAN90 
#1 ·
ANYONE GONE ANY FRONT SEAT MODS? IM 6'5 and more leg room would be great! im trying to get rid of the stupid block that is by the brake! if i could move the seat back and down that would be good too.

#2 · (Edited)
What trim level (RT, RTX, RTS, RTL, RTL w/ Nav) is your Ridgeline? If you have an RTX or RT with a mechanical driver's seat you may be able to move it back using (usually not recommended) spacers.

I don't know if it is possible to remove the "stupid block" foot rest, but I think someone here has AND has produced a different part so nothing is left looking exposed.

My question is if you test drove a Ridgeline to begin with (or your significant other bought it without you knowing) didn't you get a chance to see how you'd FIT before you bought it?

#3 ·
SOMEWHERE on this site, there's a post where someone made some brackets to move the driver's seat back a couple of inches in order to get some more leg room.

I did a quick search but didn't find it- but, it's out there! Maybe someone else will recall the correct word/phrase to search on to find it.

I think the person was even offering to make/sell the set of brackets to any interested parties. If my memory is correct, it looked like a pretty simple and safe change.

Good luck!:)

#4 ·
#6 ·
I'm also in the 6'6" club, and while I considered it just because it was possible, I haven't found it necessary to do so. My knees don't hit the dash, my foot feels just fine on the dead pedal (although it still longs for a clutch), and even with the RTL's moonroof, my head does not touch the ceiling.

Please keep in mind that the safety systems all depend on the seat being where it's supposed to be: Within the limits of travel as designed by Honda. About all you'd be able to do is move it an inch or so, and that MAY (not "will") potentially change how your seat and you are affected during an accident.

Best Case Scenario: You modify the seat and are never involved in an accident.
Worst Case Scenario: You modify the seat, are involved in an accident, and the insurance company and Honda deny all liability based on the seat modification.
Even WORSE Worst Case Scenario: You modify the seat, are never involved in an accident, and eventually sell the truck. The new owner gets involved in an accident. Their insurance company and Honda deny all liability. he gets to come after YOU.

Good luck, regardless of your decision.

Perry

#8 ·
shovel great find
thanks this is what i need
i think 3 more inches it would be perfect
im looking into getting the seat lowered as well maybe about an inch feels like im towering over everyone
THE only thing i dont think i cant do anything about is the darn steering wheel
its needs to go up just a hiar more
THIS FORUM ROCKS THANKS GUYS!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.