Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Bugshield: OEM vs. Aftermarket

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jayg287 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a bugshield but am torn on which one to get. Should i go with the OEM or Aftermarket (Lund, AVS)? If you could please give me a few pro and cons on the two. I've seen a few pics of the OEM. If anyone has some of aftermarket shields could you please post so i can see the difference. If you have a good shot of the OEM could you post it also...(for those who have OEM)

Thanks in advance,
Scott (Bigred1)

#3 ·
I went the same way as jsant01 after I saw his original post. The Wade deflector is easy to install and requires no stick-on hood bumpers like the OEM does. The price is better on the Wade too. I paid about $74 with freight from www.horsepowerfreaks.com. If you buy the clear one like jsant01 and I did, you can paint it body color and make it really blend into the front end. It's all about what you like best.

#4 ·
Here's an upclose look at the OEM air deflector. We like it and never considered aftermarket for this accessory. I think the main reason is this was an accessory we purchased when we bought our truck and I don't think any aftermarket ones were out at that time.

I'm sure all of them are adequate products. Everyone seems to like the one they bought. It's going to come down to looks and price for you.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183&highlight=deflector+install

#6 ·
CUinaRidge said:
Does anybody have a Lund bug shield???

Like - Dislike / Install easy - difficult ???

Have a couple gift certificates to use from Real Truck....

Thanks...

:)
I have the lund - it was easy to install
It has been on the ridgeline now for 18 months and 24,000 miles with no problems.

#8 ·
bigred1 said:
I'm in the market for a bugshield but am torn on which one to get. Should i go with the OEM or Aftermarket (Lund, AVS)? If you could please give me a few pro and cons on the two. I've seen a few pics of the OEM. If anyone has some of aftermarket shields could you please post so i can see the difference. If you have a good shot of the OEM could you post it also...(for those who have OEM)

Thanks in advance,
Scott (Bigred1)
Here's a pic of my Lund shield. Not as high as the OEM but does the same job of keeping the nicks off the front of the hood. Can't see it from the driver's seat. There are no attach points on the exterior, as it uses the stock fasteners under the hood. Only 5000 miles on mine but no problems. :p

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.