Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Mamba is sittin' on 24'z <pics>

6K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  k757 
#1 ·
Install and after pic, second pic is dark but then again so is the truck, more pics later...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow! Those are huge wheels!

#13 ·
I appreciate ALL of the comments, I take the good with the bad as always. It's all love to me.

The funniest was ShanesG. I actually laughed out loud!! I'm still laughing as I type. Here's a few more pics. It's freezing out, so I really haven't taken the time to capture the truck in some glamarous action shot with explosions in the background. plus my pyro technique is off this week;)

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I think those rims are too big and scream small-time drug dealer, but to each his own. Boca: If you like them, go ahead and get some 22" tires like I recommended in your other thread. It seems like you already made up your mind before you posted and just wanted some validation, which unfortunately no one gave you in your thread. We all have different tastes, and big rims are generally not what the average forum reader here would put on their truck (i.e. middle-aged male, married with 2 kids). If you're 21, single, and still go clubbing every weekend, then that's a different story :)

#17 ·
From some of the comments I see some of you guys dont like the street look set up.. 20" and taller wheels... I think some of the ridgeline owners dont really use it as a off road truck, so thats why the big street set up wheels and tires... I know I bought my ridgeline as a vehicle to use for work, not as a offroad 4x4.. I have my dodge 4 x 4 pick up for that.....thats why I might go with the 22" wheels..

#19 ·
Is there any way to run a higher profile tire or are you maxed out on clearance?

Personally anything larger than 20" on this truck just looks awkward, plain and simple. Sheit imo 20" is even pushing it. It just doesn't flow with the overall shape of the car. I do think if you can fit some slightly larger rubber in there it would look a bit better, but there is so much gap and open space that it's throwing everything off.

#20 ·
@ShanesG, If it would please you that much to see me go with "some slightly larger rubber"...I'll make you a deal. Bring your wife/girlfriend by, and you can watch me put on a much larger rubber than either of you have previously seen. I'm sure she'll thank me for the ride.

thanks for playing:act029:

#23 ·
@bocatrader4x4....if you plan on using your truck to haul heavy and often, lo profile tires is not the way to go. 22's are fine, but with any lo pro, you have to avoid potholes. the factory set up is best hands down if you need your truck for it's true versatility. I have an old stock F-150 for hauling things, and a '11 Honda Pilot for the family. It's different for me because this is my personal toy. If this is your daily driver, and work truck, you have something to think about. If you're not going to be carrying heavy, 22's will be fine. Personally the Ridgeline swallows 20's and 22's if you're talking lo pro. Recommend looking up some pics, if you like the look, and understand you're losing some of the trucks fully intended capabilities, and you're ok with that, then press on and good luck.

#26 ·
I think it`s definetly nice...around my way you see ALOT of them like that...i love the look, if i could i would do it too but the streets in here really suck, it will be a waste of money on my part...to the OP, you like it,you bought it, its your truck...$%^$#@ what anybody else thinks...

just my .02.

#28 ·
Alright boys. Let's keep the conversation civil and appropriate for the forum.

'nuff said.

#29 ·
So much anger....to each his own....I remember back in the day I did a few mods that weren't accepted....kudos for going against the norm

#38 ·
Ok. This thread is going nowhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.