Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Lemon Pledge for cleaning the car

43K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  qlake 
#1 ·
Has anybody seen the new commercial saying that lemon Pledge can be used to clean the interior of cars(leather seats), dashboards, and taking brake dust off rims? I see the same statements on their website and wonder if anybody has tried this product anywhere on their Ridge and the results they have achieved.

#3 ·
Doubt that it would hurt plastic or vinyl. (or even coated leather) After all think of all the "wood" furniture it gets used on that has a vinyl finish rather a than real wood veneer.

#4 ·
My wife uses the Pledge Multi-surface stuff on pretty much everything in our house. I've never used it in a vehicle, but I'll bet it would work well. Plus, I LOVE the smell of it. As was said, make sure you're careful not to get it on the glass. I could see it being a pain to remove.

#5 ·
I use 303 Protectant over Armoral, mainly because it's UV sunscreening protection. Armoral dries out under direct sunlight, or atleast it use to, I haven't used it for a few years so they may have changed the formula, so if you didn't use it frequently on vinyl, it would crack. I checked the Pledge website and don't see anything about UV protection, it does say it repells water and dust.
I'll stick with the 303.

#6 ·
^^ No, I don't believe there is any UV protection in Pledge. However, I think it would be great to use on areas that don't receive direct sunlight. There are always those little areas on the consol, door panels, switches, etc. that need to be cleaned, but you don't really want to put any greasy or oily dash product on them. Then again, to each, his own. I've used Son of a Gun for years. I find it to be less oily and longer-lasting than Armor All. Are there better products out there? Probably. But the SoaG is inexpensive and readily available. I have a stockpile of it that my dad gave me, so I'll use it until it's gone.

#7 ·
Interesting; but I would be the opposite of IanRTL in that I really don't like the scent and can't imagine it in my truck. But everyone's different that way!

#8 ·
Haha! Lemon Pledge... eh, not so much. The Multi Surface stuff smells awesome, though. I still don't think I would use it in my truck, but you COULD if you wanted to. Like I said, though, for the best UV protection, you're going to need a dedicated protectant.

#9 ·
Thanks for clarifying, Ian. I might have to go to the market on a can-sniffing expedition. :act024:

#13 ·
Used pledge on all the leather in my RTX yesterday and it looks amazing. Great shine, no residue, but definitely a little slippery due to the polish! The slip should wear off within a day but I highly recommend it, everything looks new. It also worked wonders on the silver handles because those tend to get smudged up easily and is one of my pet peeves.

#14 ·
I used to use Auto Magic #62 Universal Dressing http://www.automagic.biz/
It's similar to Armor All but less watery.

Then I switched to Vinylex by Lexol http://www.lexol.com/ it has a lot less shine and last a long time.

The problem with any product you use is that it has to be reapplied, plus I think they all evaporate and contribute to the crud that builds up on the inside of the windshield.

On my last car, I used only a microfiber cloth to clean the inter, no products on the vinyl and only Lexol products on the leather, used very sparingly a couple of times a year. After 6-years, the interior looked great and there was much less build-up on the windshield.

When it's time to tidy up the interior, I grab a couple of clean microfiber cloths, wipe the plexi gauge and radio 'windows' first, then on to the door cards, lower dash, then dash top, steering wheel column, and lastly seats. I keep a mircofiber cloth in the glovebox for quick touch-ups.

#15 ·
I was at a custom shop (I am a claims adjuster) and the old timer there turned me on to pledge for the interior. He does a lot with older BMW's and other classics so I believe he knows what he is doing. I have not tried it yet myself but am looking forward to giving it a try.:act018:

#17 ·
'Lemon Pledge' is the stuff if you own a Jeep with those vinyl plastic windows. Works like magic on getting them clear and flexible again.

Not having Jeeps any longer, I'm with the '303 Aerospace Protectant'. :act035:

#22 ·
I know it's probably been discussed, but where can I get the 303 stuff?

#24 ·
Gotcha. I hadn't ever seen it in a store anywhere likely because I wasn't really looking for it. I didn't know if it was readily available somewhere that I could just buy it or if it was only available online. I'll see what I can find in my area. I'm pretty much done with using Armor All or anything like that on the inside of my vehicles. I'll gladly use it on exterior pieces, but it makes for too shiny/slippery of surfaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.