Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Thoughts on this radio

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  laserguy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I don't know about indash navigation. It can ease up some of the clutter, but I think you'd be better off getting an in dash dvd player and buying an aftermarket GPS. I know I use my player more often than I use my GPS. Just my .02.

#3 ·
If you want in-dash navi, Kenwood is probably the best way to go. They use a Garmin system, and the updates are just as easy and cost the same as the portable units.
A lot depends on how much you rely on GPS, how often you intend to use it, etc.

#4 ·
Well I currently don't have Nav and use my cell when needed. Do they make DVD units that are in the 300 dollar range that you guys know would fit in the dash without cutting and moding it to heck?

#5 ·
I've wanted to upgrade my system and this looks like a nice choice as well for me. I am curious how (or if) the fm reception will improve. The stock radio sucks.

Do you use or plan to use Sirius/XM? I think you have to add a tuner for that with this model.

Keep us posted on whatever you do.

#6 ·
No plan for Satalite but a person I know is selling this unit for $225 and it is 4 months old. They are selling the truck and putting the stock one in so just wondering if it is worth it. I have no IPOD hook up now and this has a rear USB that I can plug the ipod into.

#8 ·
Double Din Dvd units start around $400.00 for a quality brand, you will need a metra or schouche kit, wiring harness and antenna harness. I will fit just fine. You are looking at about $25.00 for those items if bought from the same place on line. If you go to a local shop be prepared to pay double that.

#11 ·
Have any examples of $400 units?

#10 ·
Found out it wouldn't include wiring harness or the in dash mounting kit so that is another 50 or so. Might see what package deal I can get from Amazon or other sources while i think about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.