Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Kia Considering Building Pickup for U.S. [4.6.7]

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  djeaux 
#1 ·
Following earlier reports from Edmunds.com that Hyundai is studying the development of a pickup truck for the U.S. market, comes this statement from Kia Motors president Cho Nam-hong. "Isn't it time for Kia Motors to make inroads into the (U.S.) pickup truck market?" said Cho.
By Mike Levine

Click here to read the brief story from PickupTruck.com

#2 ·
Seriously that thing couldn't look more like a ridgeline... unless it actually was one.

#5 ·
Kia makes a solid vehicle. They will have an impact on the market.

#8 ·
Yes, I'm serious. I didn't say perfect, I said solid.

The Ridgeline has certainly had it's share of problems. Let's not lose perspective here.

#9 ·
Bought a Kia for my kids to drive. Have never had it in for service, other than oil changes and 1 alignment. The car is solid, reliable, nicely equiped and you can't beat the warranty.

#10 ·
When it eventually comes out, I'll go for a test drive to just see it.

Kia and Hyundai are the new Toyota/Honda of the 80's

#11 ·
All of KIA's models look like other cars...they stole Jaguar, Lexus and Mercedes designs. Now it looks like the RL will have a imitator also.

#13 ·
So what? You could easily find twice as many Honda horror stories to publish. What exactly does that prove?

#14 ·
There are a few double Ridgeline owners here for the LEMON law on their first Ridge.

Funny thing is, the very first story (Mindy of Portageville NY (03/20/07) posted on the Kia link there was a complaint about a salesman/dealership on a used 2002 that she bought in 2007... gimme a break.

#17 ·
I bet you would have said the same thing about Honda in the late 70's. I think Kia and Hyundai vehicles are garbage but they are getting better all the time. Another decade and they will be on par with the other imports but their price will be there then too.

#20 ·
who knows really... When Ford/GM have to merge to live on... the world is a-changin' :eek: If this happens, new company name? Forvolet? Forvy? Cherd? Chevord? hahaha

I have driven the Sonata V6 and the Azera and the bang for the buck is amazing, plus they handle and sound like quality, smooth engine with plenty of power and the interior feels good. When they refine their engine a bit more they will raise their mpg. Their SUV lines I can't comment on and their small cars are, well... small cars so they are better than average, but remain inferior to the Civic/Fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.