Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Building up mod experience

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Schizoid2k 
#1 ·
I'm slowly building up mod experience... got 2 easy ones under my belt.

First one was a ProClip (shouldn't really count, I know, but it is a mod).

Second one was today...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Bumper

Installed the bug shield from Burtman Industries. Overall, the installation was a success, but man, popping in those anchors was a pain... they seemed to go in fine, but the screws wouldn't hold. After a ton of retries and some help holding down the bugshield, they finally went in and stayed in.

Next up (eventually) will be a bull bar.

See less See more
#4 ·
It gets easier with every install. It's funny when you look back at the experience. You tell yourself if you had to do it again how much quicker it would go... it does. From all the practice with the simple mods, I was able to build up the confidence to build my tonneau cover. Keep up the good work.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm always a bit nervous (even on the simple jobs) when I start working on any car I have/had. One slip-up and it's years of looking at the damage and cursing myself out.

I figured I start on some easy stuff and work up my confidence... I am eyeing that Westin Bullbar, and that may happen in a couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.