Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Stainless Nerf Bars

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  picahenry 
#1 ·
Bought these on e-bay and they arrived today.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stai...013QQitemZ230089607243QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
First thing I noticed was one of the bolt holes doesn't line up. :mad: :mad: Looks like the rest do. I'll have to drill it out. Bars look like quality otherwise. I got a question. Are the holes underneath the black plugs threaded? What's the best way to remove them?...Punch out the center or remove the whole plug? Okay I guess that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ron

#2 ·
The build quality on these chinese-mfd units is fair - good as compared to very good - excellent on the Honda units. That is why you pay the difference when buying the OEM units.

My Aries nerf bars needed a bit of coaxing to get them to line up with the chassis holes. Follow the kit instructions and attach the brackets to the nerf bars loosely followed by the mounting of the bars to the chassis. Once the bolts are threaded in a few turns, proceed to tighten everything up. Since the hardware and bolts are made of an inferior metal, make sure to touch the scored edges with flat black paint in order to prevent future corrosion.

To remove the plastic chassis hole plugs, use a small nail and push in (by hand) the center pin. Then grasp the edge of the plug with your fingernail and pull out.

#3 ·
Thank you. Sounds like there is a nut welded on the inside of the hole. I have to agree with you on the nerf quality. Wife - "blah blah blah kids schooling blah blah blah...something about spending too much money" :D so had to go the cheaper route. Oh well. Good thing I have a drill press.
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.