Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Radio code not working

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Grimloktt 
#1 ·
So...I have 3 different codes for my serial number radio and none of them work. (I bought the Ridge used and had to get the code through the serial number.) Anyway, I tried each one 10 times until it locked me out 3 times. I talked to the dealer who called Honda for advice. In turn, Honda is calling the radio manufacturer for guidance. I guess we'll see.

Anyone else have any advice?

#4 ·
I take it that the Truck did not come with the manual. My card with the code is in there. Did you google to try to find info on the serial number containing the code?

#6 ·
Somebody wrote on these forums that if you press the number 1 and 6 buttons on the radio at the same time it will display your serial number. If that is true then go do that just to make sure that they wrote down the serial number correctly for your radio, if it matches with what they gave you then I guess your only hope is to go to the dealer and have them look into it further for you. If on the other hand the serial number that gets displayed on the radio isn't the same as the serial number printout they gave you, then you'll need to have them look up the correct codes in the ISIS system again with the correct serial number.

I have not tried pressing the 1 and 6 buttons together so I don't know that it works or not, and maybe it wont work if the word code is displayed on the unit but it's worth a shot.

#7 ·
I couldn't get the serial number by pressing 1 and 6 on mine. I can't get the radio code to reset the radio either. I saw the battery terminals were corroded, so I unhooked the battery, cleaned them up nice, then saw the message on the radio asking for the codes. The code on my card is not working. I wonder if I got the wrong card...:confused:

#9 ·
I had a same problem with my NAVIGATION system and when I called the dealer, they had no idea what the code was. They told me to look at my manuals and the cards kept in the glove box with all the codes and VOILA...there it was....

The mix up in the beginning was that my RL wasn't in stock at my dealer, so they had to get one from another dealership and that was the reason they didn't have the information. I'm pretty sure there is just a mix up with some paperwork at your dealership. Well let's just hope that's it.

#10 ·
I figured it out. See...I drove from OH to IL to pick this truck up--used. Nothing was in it. Got the serial number as previously described and the codes the dealer supplied me with didn't work. The dealer was trying to get it from Honda through the radio manufacturer.

In the meantime, I logged into Honda link and it provided me with my "dealer", which was in IL. I thought, 'let me give them a call and see if they have it on file.' So, I called them and although they didn't have it on file, the guy I talked with looked in some database system and obtained the dealership that originally received the truck (and did the inspection and recorded the codes) and the dealership that it was traded to. In the end, I called those dealerships and got the code! Yea for me...:D

Thnx everyone who tried to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.