Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

New Ridgeline owner: '12 Sport

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  RidgelineSport 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I took delivery of my 8th Honda since 1987, this time a 2012 Ridgeline Sport in Crystal Black Pearl. My wife and I are definitively a Honda family. Our current Honda vehicles are in the order we bought them:

2011 CRV EX-L
2011 Odyssey LX
2012 Ridgeline Sport

My first Honda was a 1987 Prelude that had over 210k when I finally sold it. Since then It's been all Honda for me. Even my 1994 Honda Snowblower has faithfully served me for the past 17 winters without a hiccup and is ready for winter #18.

Looking forward to interacting with the Forum and looking for ideas to enjoy the new '12 Sport.

-RS

#3 ·
Thanks Rich!
We've been buying from this one Honda dealer since 1999, and this salesman since 2005. They treat us pretty well in return it seems. They gave us what I think was a tremendous deal knocking of several thousand $ off the sticker which was better than the research I did suggested I could expect off. They also put on the Honda Hood Deflector and side window rain guards at cost, no labor fee, and I took advantage of Honda's 0.9 Finance for 36 months. All in all, very happy with the deal.

-RS

#4 ·
Will you say what your several thousand was,I'm hoping close to 7k. This might get me motivated to upgrade to a 12 Sport if I find one left over at a local dealer. I'm about tired of waiting on the mysterious 2ng gen Ridge which now looks like a 2015 model.

#5 ·
AG87,

I don't see how any dealer could swing taking off $7k of a brand new model. Depreciation for a used '12 model with avg miles doesn't even depreciate that much off a new price. You would probably have to look for an '11 model or older with higher miles. I was happy to pay below Edmunds True Market Value price which equated to several thousand off of sticker.

Good luck.

-RS

#9 ·
Agree. But with factory incentives, that number is doable. Hefty factory incentives. ;) I haven't looked lately, are there any incentives at the present time?

Welcome to the ROC.

#8 ·
Welcome to the Club and congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to see what your modding plans are and some pictures.

#10 ·
Hello everyone!
Our current Honda vehicles are in the order we bought them:

2011 CRV EX-L
2011 Odyssey LX
2012 Ridgeline Sport

-RS
3 vehicles?? Guessing you have a few teenagers in the house that drive?????? :act051:

#17 ·
Well, we traded in the Odyssey & CR-V today for a new '12 Pilot EX-L. Got the best of the Odyssey & CR-V in one: 3 rows and 4-wheel drive without having the extra car payment and insurance cost. When our oldest starts driving next year, we'll look at a pre-owned Civic or Accord coupe for her, wither of which would make for a nice first car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.