Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

New 2011 RTL

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rollinhonda 
#1 ·
Hi! Just picked up a new 2011 Black Cherry RTL, which beat out the Tacoma, Xterra, FJ Cruiser, and Frontier for my money.

The only truck which came close was the Tacoma, but the Ridgeline was a better choice, since most of my time is spent on road, and mounting a .50 cal and defending my neighborhood/desert is not an issue or capability needed.

I had to accept the fact that if I wanted to seriously spend some time off road, I should just buy a cheap jeep and tow it with the Ridge, instead of using a $30k Taco and breaking really expensive IFS parts.

The thing that really intrigues me is that the Ridgeline is an amazing truck, and the only reason I even looked at one was due to a person at work highly recommending it. I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for it, and the only place I've seen it mentioned was in consumer reports.

So now it is my bike/kayak/ski transporter, and occasional snow/foul weather machine.

More importantly I want it to take me to work for at least the next 10 years (probably more if they discontinue it).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on your New RL and welcome to the ROC. It's a nice color - I've grown to like it especially since my wife has the same color Pilot.

I wonder what differences, if any, there are between the '10 and '11?

#3 ·
I've got the same color, and lovin' it more each day! BTW, you need to change your signature to say 2011 not 2010... ;)

#4 ·
Congrats and welcome to ROC. Dark Cherry Pearl is a nice color. Thanks for posting a picture.

#5 ·
PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY!!!:act024:

That is the color of my next RTL.

I stumbled across the RL on consumer reports. Before that, I can't remember seeing one in an add or on the road. Now I see them everywhere! No I'm not psycotic, welllll, maybe not!:act063:

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.