Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Custom Fit Speaker Adapters

17K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  josh33172 
#1 ·
FYI, to everyone. I finally bit off on ordering some replacement door speakers for my RTL. Just wanted to let everyone know, that Scosche SAHR6
speaker adapters are out. They are suppose to fit exactly the odd shape opening of the Honda RL speaker cutout.

The SAHR6 adapter fits aftermarket 6" and 6 1/2" speakers in factory 2006-Up Honda Ridgeline speaker openings.

I ordered mine from Cardomain.com along with some Infintity 6012si.speakers. I got them to match 59.95 / pair pricing via there 105% price guarantee. The Schsche SAHR6 speaker adapters are 10.95/pair.

I should get them next week, and will update on how good they fit in the doors once I install.

This is not an advertisement for Cardomain.com. I am sure other vendors are now selling the new Honda speaker door adapters. Also, you probably don't need these to install speakers in the doors.

I just wanted something that look like it fit exactly in the odd shape speaker door opening.

Hope this helps

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I got the Infinity 6102's today and the Schosche Speaker Mount adapters.
They are one inch thick and have clips that fit the stock door opening at 12:00 position and the 5:00 and 7:00 position. Looks like they snap in place, and of course a couple of screw holes to make things tight.

Hope this helps

Attachments

#4 ·
I purchased 2 pair of the Infinity 6012si speakers and 2 pair of these Scosche adapters. I purchased everything from CarDomain, including the wiring adapters. I installed them over the weekend and figured I would post my experience with the adapters.

First off the adapters do NOT just snap in. You must drill holes in the door's sheet metal and screw them in. What the adapters DO do is fit in perfectly centered, and fit the odd shaped opening.

You will need to get shorter screws for the Infinity speakers to mount them to the adapter. 3/4" is what I used. The 1" ones that came with the speakers are just a smidge too long and will hit the door.

The adapters mount very nicely in the front doors. In fact, I recommend the adapters for the front door. Well worth it.

However, I can't recommend these adapters for the rear doors. They WILL (and did) work, just not as nicely as I would like. The door area around the speaker openings isn't very flat, so the 3 screws that you have to drill and place are not easy. It can distort the adapter and make it hard to get the speaker mounted cleanly on the adapter.

Now, like I said, I WAS successful. But it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. Overall, it may have been worth it to just put in replacements for the front speakers.

Laters,
RTF

#6 ·
carlnunes said:
Did you mean the wiring harnesss? If so what was the part number? Was it 72-7800?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Yes, the correct speaker wiring harness from Metra is the 72-7800. I confirmed this with Metra directly a couple of days ago. Best Buy sells them for $6.49 per pair in their car stereo install bays.

#7 · (Edited)
I just installed Kenwoods front and rear using the above "Scosche" adapters.
Here's a pic of the front: (click to see larger image)

These front adapters snapped right in. I put pieces of Dynamat behind the speakers to get a tight fit. I added strips of Dynamat to the sides of the adapters to help reduce vibration sound. The rear speaker adapters took a little modification but ultimately fit very well.
Here's a pic of the rear: (click to see larger image)

I did the following to make the adapters in the rear fit tightly:
- Snapped off the bottom mounting ring
- Drilled 2 new mounting holes on the bottom left and right sides.
- Bent the mounting ring closest to the rear door hinge just behind the hole (very important when prepping your adapter to not bend the wrong one or too much)
- Notched the top flat part with a drill bit about half a circle
Then I sank my 5 1/4" self tapping sheet metal screws with a power drill (remember to stop drilling before you completely sink your screws to avoid stripping the metal, then finish with a screw driver)

I hope this helps someone looking to upgrade their Ridgeline speakers.

#8 · (Edited)
i plan on doing the four doors and the tweets tomorrow as soon as ups arrives with the goods. I ordered the scosche adapters for the doors and the wiring adapters. I am installing Hertz dsk 165's throughout. I am hoping they fit the adapters fine. soon i will be rocking! :act035:
Thanks for all the pics here on ROC, as it has helped to see what i am getting myself into.

#9 ·
Cool when info is good to someone 6 years later. Or does that mean progress is slow with speakers?

#11 ·
The scoche product specified for the RL does not fit correctly. You can make it work on the front doors but it is not suited for the rear door. Scoche are sponsors of this site but they turn a blind eye to the problem. Crutchfield even recommends them, which makes no sense. You are better off making your own from MDF or buying MDF speaker adapters online.

#12 ·
I failed to paint my mdf spacers, i noticed they were splitting the other day I removed the door panels for an upgrade, I had to fill some split gaps with caulk and paint them to prevent moisture from making them split again. I think even a wood sealer primer would be a good idea to apply before cheap paint.

#14 ·
I have the Scosche SAHR6 speaker brackets with 6-3/4" speakers and a foam baffle between the bracket and metal door. I am having a tough time getting the door panel to fit back on. i have only tried to get a rear door panel on at this point. It seems the problem is the door panel has a "bezel" which appears to fit over the stock speaker, but it doesn't fit the larger Scosche bracket. Before I start trimming the "bezel" plastic, I wanted some input from others who have used the Scosche brackets. DId anyone else run into this problem?

here's a pic of the area in question

Attachments

#15 ·
Could you break down where exactly the problem is?
Do the SAHR6s work without the baffle with the Infinities?
Or is it that the SAHR6s just don't work with the 6 3/4" speakers altogether?

Nearly every source that I have checked with confirmed that 6 3/4" speakers
didn't fit.

I guess the next question: Can you install the speakers without the SAHR6s
by rotating the speaker and drilling or self-tap screws?

Yesterday I bought Polk DB651s with the SAHR6s from Amazon. I was going to buy them from Crutchfield, but they wanted $99/pr. Amazon had them for $59/pr, and $10/pr for SAHR6s and fab my own connectors. These are 6 1/2, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting in over my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.