Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

245/70/17 GY duratracs

19K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  esimukka 
#1 ·
So I just purchased the GY duratrac 245/70/17 and not happy with the look! If you have a lift then this size tire in my opinion is too small and does not look right.

RIDE
Tires ride good but with a nice hum till 50mph plus.

LOOKS
Rears have too much of a gap in the wheel well and just flat out look small! Very aggressive looking tire but once again in this size it looks off. I think I'd rather deal with the little bit of rubbing and go big!!!

The funny thing is I researched tires for a month and still struck out. Did the ultimate tire size chart (which is misleading), read tons of fourms, anyway i just thought I might throw out my opinion and hear back from others.

#4 ·
I'm running 265/70/17s. They rub on hard turns & coming out of driveways. Had 245/70/17 mtr's and they looked good just a bit smaller w/ no rubbing. I think bfg at's come in 255 which may be the best of both (bigger without rub). I posted pics in April. Should be on tab 62 or 63.

#6 ·
Sure thing I will post pics of the duratracs 245/70/17, but update I just replaced them with 265/70/17 so much happier!! The trimming is very very minor, shaved it down with my Dremel. I don't run mud flaps. But no rubbing at all even when I flip a hard U turn.

All and all if you do the lift do the larger wheels, don't make my mistake and think you'll be happy. The lift and large wheels go hand in hand.

And I agree please allow the next gen ridge ride on 265/70 tires. It struggles enough to be recognized as a REAL TRUCK!! Ha

#7 ·
I don't have the Lift, and agree that the RL does look nicer with it.

Since I do not have the Lift, my 245/70 17's look good in the wheelwell, and it looks like I could have possibly gone with a wider 255, but cannot guarantee that as I haven't tried it.

From what I understand with the Lift in a RL, it's the width of the tire that rubs, so I'm wondering if going with a taller tire like a 245/75 would fit without rubbing????

Just a thought! :act064:

#23 ·
Before I purchased my Dura Trac's (245/70/17) I looked at the 245/75's. The installer at America's Tires felt that it would be an issue installing those. Almost a 32" tire. I decided to play it safe and go with the 245/70's.

#8 ·
Any taller then 265/70/17 the tires will hit the suspension. These duratraces are 31.5 inflated and mounted.

Yea the tires width is the real issue and the lift does nothing for that. I got my truxx kit thru autoanything.com for 235.00 shipped but you have to order over the phone for that price. And les shwab instal 2hrs labor for 190.85.

#11 ·
Works better this way!

#14 ·
So glad you approve of my editing your pics to display properly.

Carry on with your pointed comments.

#17 ·
So my tires were 3/32 almost all the way around, and due for replacement before winter hits. I decided to go with something more aggressive and bigger, BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain TA, 265/65/17. Well they looked very rugged and filled the wheel well gap quite nicely. There was some very slight rubbing on sharp turns into driveways, but nothing that was discouraging....HOWEVER, on my return trip home, which was ALL highway driving, I noticed the heavier tires taking a serious toll on my mileage. I was already topped off, and when I got home, 235 miles later, I was just under 1/4 a tank. :act018: Also, I couldn't maintain 75mph without having a higher rpm range, so I was stuck at 65-70. I doubt I could have gotten 300 miles on that tank of gas.
I contacted DTS and discussed my situation to one of the techs, he said they would gladly exchange the tires, for some BFGoodrich Rugged Trail TA 245/65/17 free of charge, (which I originally had) and even a slight kickback in fundage because of the price difference.
My mileage is now back where it belongs. :cheerleader:

#18 ·
I had thought about going with a 245/70/17 or even a 255/70/17 but am so glad I decided on 265/65/65. IMO 265/65/17 are the perfect size for a lifted RL. I think like you would have been disappointed with anything smaller.

#21 ·
Blackout could you do me a huge favor please? I plan to get the 265 tires but when I look it seems like the thing that is causing the problems is the bottom strut housing/spring perch it looks like its about 2 inchs away from the tire with my OEM 245's. Coud you messure from the top of the tire to the part of the strut that sites right above it, where the spring sits on.

#24 ·
Ya, there is a member on here who has the 245/75 and he definately had to remove the mud flaps and grind down the pinch welds, and they still rub a bit.

But boy does it look sweet!

#26 · (Edited)
Had my new tires and wheels installed today. I do have a little bit of rubbing at full lock out. Either will need to trim or remove mudflaps I suppose. UPDATE: Went ahead and removed the mudflaps. No problem now.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Honda ridgeline

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Love the tires and wheels though. I think they look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.