plowing snow - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Jon B
ROC Rank: Freshman

plowing snow

Hi Ridgeline,

I have a question. My need is to plow a long gravel doad/driveway, about 1/2 mile. Here is my question. Can one add a snowplow blade to a Honda Ridgeline? I asked locally and the representative for Fisher snow plow equipment said it wasn't possible.

Any leads on other manufacturers?

Best Regards,

Jon B.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

Re: plowing snow

No, the Ridgeline is not appropriate for snow plowing. I doubt you will find any manufacturer, or at least an honest manufacturer, that will make a plow for the Ridgeline.

All content i publish is Copyright at the time and date published by Joe Wolf. Opinion is not subject to Copyright.
csimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Jay Cee
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Cee

Snowbear makes personal plows for doing your own driveway. They are quick mount using an electric motor to raise and lower the plow. They can be angled and also mounted and unmounted very easily by hand once you install a bolt-on mount, which they make specific to each vehicle using existing holes. I checked their web site and they make one for the CR-V but don't have the Ridgeline listed yet. If you call them they could tell you if they make a mount for the Ridgeline. I have one for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited which is unibody. I mounted it recently and it works great. They make accessories for the plow -deflector, markers, lights, skid shoes for gravel. My driveway is not gravel and only 150 feet long though, not 1/2 mile. They're about $800 discounted. I got mine for $300 from a hardware store that went out of business. I think you can get one from one of the clubs like Sam's or BJ's. Here are links to their site:
http://www.snowbear.com/pdfs/Quickstart2006.pdf
http://www.snowbear.com/
Attached Images

• '07 Formal Black Ridgeline RTX - - Hood deflector, dvd head unit w/rear camera/ipod/sirius, splash gaurds, GE Nighthawks, seat extension.Wishlist: Clear bra, tinted windows, gold emblems, door visors, roof rack, billet grill, zmax brush gaurd, molded stepboard, fog lights, side protectors, front/rear chrome trim, tailgate pad, rear window graphic, woodgrain dash kit, remote starter/alarm, 5 ch amp, component speakers, sub.

Last edited by Jay Cee; 12-16-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Jay Cee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
xridgelinex
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Other

Question Re: plowing snow

If you have a hitch, get one of these.... manufacturer is here... http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...category/C100/

Cost is here:
http://www.realtruck.com/productline/1394/138/1/snowsport_180_personal_utility_snow_plows.html

Last edited by xridgelinex; 06-04-2008 at 08:25 PM.
xridgelinex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
CBRidgeJockey
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Ploughing snow with my precious Ridge....I won't even let my kids eat inside....
Old 12-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
Jay Cee
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Re: plowing snow - Update on Snowbear

I sent an email to Snowbear inquiring about a mount for the Ridgeline and this is an excerpt of their reply:
"....
SnowBear takes pride in the quality and versatility of its products, as well as its Customer Service. Your feedback is appreciated. There will not be a mount manufactured for the Honda Ridgeline, due to the unibody style frame. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service team at 1.800.337.2327...."

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, although I'm sure it's the right call. I know I won't put the plow on my Ridgeline now. Cismo was right on target with this one. Just doesn't make sense to me since alot of the mounts they make are for unibody vehicles. Isn't the CR-V unibody? They make a mount for that. Must the the Ridgeline unibody in particular isn't suited for a mount. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a response as I'm curious to know.

Thanks in advance.
  • '07 Formal Black Ridgeline RTX - - Hood deflector, dvd head unit w/rear camera/ipod/sirius, splash gaurds, GE Nighthawks, seat extension.Wishlist: Clear bra, tinted windows, gold emblems, door visors, roof rack, billet grill, zmax brush gaurd, molded stepboard, fog lights, side protectors, front/rear chrome trim, tailgate pad, rear window graphic, woodgrain dash kit, remote starter/alarm, 5 ch amp, component speakers, sub.

Last edited by Jay Cee; 12-18-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #7
MikeT
Mall Ninja Moderator
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
I sent an email to Snowbear inquiring about a mount for the Ridgeline and this is an excerpt of their reply:
"....
SnowBear takes pride in the quality and versatility of its products, as well as its Customer Service. Your feedback is appreciated. There will not be a mount manufactured for the Honda Ridgeline, due to the unibody style frame. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service team at 1.800.337.2327...."

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, although I'm sure it's the right call. I know I won't put the plow on my Ridgeline now. Cismo was right on target with this one. Just doesn't make sense to me since alot of the mounts they make are for unibody vehicles. Isn't the CR-V unibody? They make a mount for that. Must the the Ridgeline unibody in particular isn't suited for a mount. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a response as I'm curious to know.

Thanks in advance.

Isn't there a snow plow kit that attaches to the towing hitch?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
Jay Cee
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Isn't there a snow plow kit that attaches to the towing hitch?
Yep, and as a matter of fact, someone else posted a link and photo of it in this very thread!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #9
kermit777
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
Billet Silver / Gray

I thought there was a frame underneath the unibody too...did I have some brain gas?
kermit777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #10
brandont
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Just doesn't make sense to me since alot of the mounts they make are for unibody vehicles. Isn't the CR-V unibody? They make a mount for that. Must the the Ridgeline unibody in particular isn't suited for a mount. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a response as I'm curious to know.
Of course the CRV is a unibody, it's a Civic Recreational Vehicle. We owned one, and it wouldn't have the power to move much snow at all. It's 4wd system isn't as good and is only rated for 1,500lbs towing (as a measure of chassis / trans strength). The Ridgeline actually has a unibody and a frame, so it isn't the strength that is a problem - it may have to do with the subframe or crash structure. Given that they make it for the CRV, I am sure they would make one for the Ridgeline if they could.
brandont is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.