Help!!! (Windshield Noise) - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
modan
ROC Rank: Freshman

Help!!! (Windshield Noise)

Going down the road at around 40 mph or so, it sounds like my defroster is running on about the 3rd fan speed. I have taped around the windshield, taped around the cowling and nothing seems to help. My dealer worked for 1 full day and can't figure it out. He admits there is something going on, he wants to try again next week. Has anyone got any ideas that might help? I drove another Ridgeline in which this noise was not present. Any suggestions whould be greatly appreciated.
modan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Ruffles
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Help!!! (Windshield Noise)

Here's my saga http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ndshield+noise. Keep at them untill they get it right. Evidently, the Ridgeline windshield is VERY difficult to install correctly. My dealer finally took my truck to a specialty glass shop to get it right. Good luck!
Ruffles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
BillB
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

There are plenty of us out here with unhappy tales to tell about windshield noise. However, if you have completely taped all the windshield molding from edge to edge and spanned from metal to glass, and this has not changed the noise in any way, then you probably are getting noise from other sources and one place to look would be the molding component around the third brake light on the roof. See if the plastic molding body part around this light is loose or if the light itself is not seated properly inside the plastic body part. The RL can act like a ventriloquist sometimes and make noises seem that they are coming from areas when they are coming from other places.
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
MikeT
Mall Ninja Moderator
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by modan
Going down the road at around 40 mph or so, it sounds like my defroster is running on about the 3rd fan speed. I have taped around the windshield, taped around the cowling and nothing seems to help. My dealer worked for 1 full day and can't figure it out. He admits there is something going on, he wants to try again next week. Has anyone got any ideas that might help? I drove another Ridgeline in which this noise was not present. Any suggestions whould be greatly appreciated.

Have you recently added any accessories like a bug gaurd or roof rack?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
modan

I do have a bugshield which I installed. I removed it but still have the exact same noise. My dealer will be working on my truck again tomorrow. Thank you all for your input and fixes to your trucks, I will share this info. with my dealer.
Tonight I will tape up my rear light and give that a try. I don't see how that could cause the sound I hear.
Last night I removed my glove compartment box, I then had my wife drive while I listened below the dash, it was totally silent. The only way I can describe my problem is to turn my defroster on about the 3rd setting while the truck is setting still. Thats what I hear at 40 mph and above. Running the windshield wipers makes no difference in the noise. I will let you know what the dealer finds.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
Thomaswh3
2007 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Please keep us informed. I also have a wind noise problem on a 2007 Ridgeline. I have taped around the windshield and it did not help. I have not taken it to a dealer yet. That is my last resort. Two days after I bought it I took it to the dealer to have a trailer tow package installed. When I picked it up, I had a dent in the drivers side front fender. They called the dent doctor. I don't want to take it back unless I have to. Has anyone noticed noise through the doors when another vehicle passes by? It is louder than most vehicles that I have owned. The sound could be coming from the side mirrors. I have thought about selling just because of the noise. I really like the truck, but the noise is getting to me.
Thomaswh3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
modan

Took my truck back to the dealer on Thursday. They seem to think the windshield is the culprit. I printed off the windshield TSB and gave it to them. They called in the glass guys to take a look. The glass guys filled the area at the top of the windshield between the trim and the sheetmetal with what looks like silicone. This did help alot on reducing the noise. They told me to give it a try and if not satisfied, they would replace the windshield again. I am planning on giving it through the weekend to see how it sounds.
On Friday we received serveral inches of snow and sleet, I am extremely excited on how this truck handled the slick roads. This truck held very tight to the slick roads, starting from a stop on a steep icy hill was amazing. I was driving a Dodge 4WD before, even in 4WD the Dodge would slide very easy.
I will keep you informed on my windshield repair. Thank you all for giving me ideas on how to resolve this issue. If I can get this resolved and eventually find a fiberglass tonneau cover, I will be a very happy Ridgeline owner!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #8
rtboy1961
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

I suggest adjusting the radio volume until the wind noise is gone. thats what I do and I have no stress over it.
rtboy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
BillB
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
I suggest adjusting the radio volume until the wind noise is gone. thats what I do and I have no stress over it.
Not original and useless advice and annoying to see again. I can only hope that if you have a "real" problem one day that you seek help with on this forum that someone takes your request seriously and then you can feel how rediculous your comment above seems to someone looking for help.
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
Thomaswh3
2007 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

When was your Ridgeline build date ? I have a 2007 with a date of 9/06 that I am having wind noise problems with. Can you see the caulking that they put under the moulding ?
Thomaswh3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.