Turbo Charged Ridgeline - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 03-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
Snapshot
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Turbo Charged Ridgeline

here a peek at a Turbo Charge Ridgeline
Attached Images

Centerline California Encino 20", Falken Ziex S/TZ 04 P275/45/R20, Poron Reversing Aid, Line of Fire, Retrax, Westin Step Bar Platunim Series, Vent Shade Rain Guards, Signal Mirrors, Dash Kit, Truxxx Lift Kit, Squires Turbo System, Aero Exhaust, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, DICE Ipod, Lane Fx, Muth Signal Mirror, Fig Hood Support

OEM Mods:
Reversing Camera, Rear Mud Guard, Fog Lights, Hood Deflector, Roof Rack,
Snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
fredridge
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Turbo Charged Ridgeline

nice, I was wondering when someone was going to do that. Are you the prototype for a custom fit turbo for the RL? or is that a universal STS kit?
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
Snapshot
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

STS Universal Kit
Centerline California Encino 20", Falken Ziex S/TZ 04 P275/45/R20, Poron Reversing Aid, Line of Fire, Retrax, Westin Step Bar Platunim Series, Vent Shade Rain Guards, Signal Mirrors, Dash Kit, Truxxx Lift Kit, Squires Turbo System, Aero Exhaust, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, DICE Ipod, Lane Fx, Muth Signal Mirror, Fig Hood Support

OEM Mods:

Last edited by Snapshot; 03-17-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #4
fredridge
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
Steel Blue / Gray

Any way you could get dyno charts? What did that run you? How hard was the install?
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 02:27 AM   #5
Snapshot
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Looking for a dyno shop down here in Hawaii, that has a AWD or 4WD unit.

Cost about $7,000 -- allot of custom piping was done and injector change, powder coating,

Took about 4 1/2 weeks to complete at STS dealer.

OEM Mods:
Old 03-17-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
ChrisM
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Please post more information and a lot more pictures. Any data would be helpful. Posting a picture with a 8 word descrilption of something we have never seen is like posting a blurry picture of a UFO or Bigfoot and claiming it is real.

I'm not trying to be critical or implying anything, I just want more info.

Thanks

ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
mtrotman
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
Looking for a dyno shop down here in Hawaii, that has a AWD or 4WD unit.

Cost about $7,000 -- allot of custom piping was done and injector change, powder coating,

Took about 4 1/2 weeks to complete at STS dealer.

WHAT! Am I missing something here? Are you racing the truck and hope to recoup the investment with cash and prizes? I'm not Warren Buffet, but damn - what a waste of valuable time and money. While many of the cosmetic and audio mods also seem like a silly waste of resources to me, at least they can be enjoyed by the eyes and ears. A $7,000 turbo charger for a $28,000 truck? And in Hawaii no less. How far can you drive in Hawaii before you have to turn around and go back the other way? California desert, maybe. But Hawaii?

Last edited by mtrotman; 03-17-2007 at 06:35 AM.
mtrotman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
RF4B Driver
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

mtrotman......here's a thought......maybe he WANTED to do it. His money, his truck, His Business!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
mtrotman
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF4B Driver View Post
mtrotman......here's a thought......maybe he WANTED to do it. His money, his truck, His Business!
But you're wrong - it is our business now. He made it our business with the post. He posted the message expecting comments. And we are all entitled to respond with comments and questions - positive, negative, neutral. That's what forums are for. I sincerely want to know - what is the point of spending 4 1/2 weeks and $7,000 to turbo charge a Honda Ridgeline? Maybe I'll decide to do it too if I understand the value! Maybe it's just his hobby and he has the cash and time to indulge himself. I completely understand that - it's called passion. So perhaps I should state my question a different way so as not to offend: Is this just an expensive mod to do just because you have the passion, money, and time - or is there another reason?

Last edited by mtrotman; 03-17-2007 at 08:13 AM.
mtrotman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
kanji
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Send a message via AIM to kanji Send a message via Yahoo to kanji

its power...knowing that he has it and know one knows that he has it on the street, unless he let the other know that he has it.. Have fun with it...that will be one kick butt sleeper truck

"My personal world has collapsed, and seeing the outside world around me, I feel lost and confused with desire and nothing to focus on." -Anonymous
kanji is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.