Ridgeline in the snow! First road trip - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', Fishin' and Kayakin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 03-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
DanH_PsyD
ROC Rank: Freshman

Smile Ridgeline in the snow! First road trip

OK, I wasn't sure where to post this...

We took our new '07 RTS on it's maiden road trip from Bristol, TN, to York, PA, for the American Ferret Association Spring (ha!) Nationals. [Our three ferrets did well in their, and our, first show, taking eight ribbons including a 1st place in a specialty class.] On our trip up, the weather went from steady rain to SNOW! By the time we got to York, there was 6"-8" on the ground.

The Ridgeline was terrific in the slippery conditions. We never put a wheel wrong, while people around us were sliding off the road or crabbing sideways on ramps . Absolutely wonderful travel vehicle for our family (wife, kids and the "furkids," too). Seats are very comfortable for a long day of driving.

DanH_PsyD
DanH_PsyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
MORidge
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RT
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: Ridgeline in the snow! First road trip

DanH,
Sounds like a great maiden trip!
Congrats on the 8 ribbons. I never knew there were shows for ferrets!
Welcome to the ROC too!

Last edited by MORidge; 03-18-2007 at 08:08 AM.
MORidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
MontanaFred
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RT
Steel Blue / Gray

Thumbs up Re: Ridgeline in the snow! First road trip

Congrats on the ribbons and the new Ridgeline!

It is fun when you can experience a variety of weather on the first trip. I bought my Ridgeline in Texas and drove it to Montana and I was able to test my new truck in all kinds of weather. I used my air conditioner in the heat of Texas. I tried out all the visors in the sun and the wind shield wipers in the rain. The rain turned to slushy snow, then crusty and near home the road was patches of dry pavement and ice.
Heatshield windshield shade
Dividers for the In-Bed Trunk
MontanaFred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
picturesbyray

Glad to hear it. I just got mine and probably won't get much of a snow test until next winter. However, here in Crestline, CA we expect it could snow right up until mother's day. I like the Ridgeline.
picturesbyray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
DanH_PsyD

Smile Re: Ridgeline in the snow! First road trip

Seriously, the Ridgeline felt as stable in slippery conditions as my Audi A4 Quattro (which I recently traded, at 180K, for a Civic Si sedan). I was very pleased. I am happy to say it seems like we are done with snow for a while.

DanH_PsyD
Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Tommytek
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I drove my Ridgeline in near blizzard conditions a month ago. The kind where you can barely see the road (white contrasted against white). This was out in the country and if I had been driving my old Montana which wasn't too bad in snow I would have turned around and gone back home. The Ridgeling performed better than I imagined that it would. The thing to pay attention to is that if the snow drifts and you hit the drift at speed the the drift can catch one tire and spin you into the ditch. Just one of the skills you pick up driving in the great white north.

Tom.
Tommytek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
DanH_PsyD

Being from Florida originally, I had some interesting moments when I moved to TN, including one sphincter-puckering 180 in my Audi , on a perfectly straight road, caused when I got my tires out of line with the tracks of the cars in front of me.

DanH_PsyD
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #8
haar
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

got stuck drving my impalla ss home from MN in a suprise storm once. one set of tracks on the interstate. driving along semi tense and all of a sudden were sideways on the interstate. back and forth 3 times before i got it straightened out. didnt get sleepy at all the rest of the drive though. . . .
haar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', Fishin' and Kayakin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.