Beach Driving - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Northeast Ridgeline Owners

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
saltwaterguy
ROC Rank: Freshman

Beach Driving

Hi Everyone.....I live on the east end of L.I. and have pretty much zero'd in on a Ridgeline when my current lease is up...I do a lot of on the beach driving while surfcasting, surfing and just plain beaching....I was wondering has anyone had any experience driving a Ridge on the beach thru soft sand?....and how did it handle it?...thanks in advance for any info.
Regards,
SWG
saltwaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
hiPSI
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2010 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Mocha Metallic

Re: Beach Driving

It does fine. I usually air down to 12-15 psi and pull my VSA fuse though.
ROC #935
hiPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
VaVet96
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Same here. We enjoy driving on Cape Hatteras beaches in the Outer Banks of NC. Same advice, 12-15 pounds of pressure and pull the VSA. Works like a champ. BTW, use the Search tool and look for Beach Driving. Several good threads on people's experiences -including mine
VaVet96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
peterk814
2007 RTL
Formal Black

How do you pull the VSA fuse

Last edited by peterk814; 04-24-2007 at 12:52 AM.
peterk814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
surfdawg
2007 RTL
Aberdeen Green Metallic

Living at California's last driveable Beach - Same feedback 12-15 psi, unless running near the water, I can get in and out with regular pressure. Have fun, and rinse off!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
RTLSULLY
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Question Re: Beach Driving

Hey I Plan On Surf Casting This Fall On The Cape. (race Point) Please Let Me Know About Pulling The Vsa Fuse . What Will Happen If You Don't Pull The Fuse. I Thought We Could Shut It Of With The Switch. I Know It Resets When We Restart The Engine But I Thought It Would Be Off As Long As You Kept The Motor Running. I Will Take Any Advice I Can Get Thanks. I Haven't Taken The Ridge Over Sand Yet. Sully
Old 04-25-2007, 04:40 AM   #7
saltwaterguy

Thanks to all for the informative replies....after searching "Beach Driving" there is as usual tons of info provided by our ROC participants....Thanks again.
SWG
saltwaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 AM   #8
brich
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLSULLY View Post
Hey I Plan On Surf Casting This Fall On The Cape. (race Point) Please Let Me Know About Pulling The Vsa Fuse . What Will Happen If You Don't Pull The Fuse. I Thought We Could Shut It Of With The Switch. I Know It Resets When We Restart The Engine But I Thought It Would Be Off As Long As You Kept The Motor Running. I Will Take Any Advice I Can Get Thanks. I Haven't Taken The Ridge Over Sand Yet. Sully
Hey Sully, not positive but I believe the problem with turning off your VSA is an over ride due to low tire pressure needed for the sand... That's why people pull the fuse. So that you don't get the VSA over ride...Or somethig like that...
I'm sure someone will post a better response...

"It takes a man more concerned with the product than an image to buy a Truck like this..."
- buffy :Longview, Texas
brich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #9
hiPSI
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2010 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Mocha Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brich View Post
Hey Sully, not positive but I believe the problem with turning off your VSA is an over ride due to low tire pressure needed for the sand... That's why people pull the fuse. So that you don't get the VSA over ride...Or somethig like that...
I'm sure someone will post a better response...
Good job brich! Only thing I will add is they need to understand the VSA operation and limitations first before deciding to deactivate it by pulling the fuse. Watch the Gary Flynt video on the ROC homepage first and watch the performance of the truck going up that steep hill with VSA on.
ROC #935
hiPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #10
peterk814
2007 RTL
Formal Black

any instructions on how to pull the fuse?
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Northeast Ridgeline Owners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.