Wade OE Bug Deflector install question - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
brich
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Wade OE Bug Deflector install question

So I've been searching about this install after spending a half hour trying to figure out what should be a very simply install. I found some great advice so far but before I go back out and frustrate myself even more, I had a question about the rubber weather stripping.

How many of you who have the Wade Bug Deflectors have removed this rubber stripping all together and how many have mounted the deflector between the hood and the rubber stripping ?

Is removing the rubber stripping going to cause any problems with water or wind noise?

As always, any insight is greatly appreciated...

"It takes a man more concerned with the product than an image to buy a Truck like this..."
- buffy :Longview, Texas
brich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Rick Walker
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Re: Wade OE Bug Deflector install question

I've mounted my Wade deflector between the hood and rubber gasket. No problems here after probably about a year!
  • OEM Roof Rack
  • OEM Splash Guards
  • Hidden Hitch
  • Clear Wade Hood Deflector - Painted Amazon Green on backside
  • Basickoncepts Dress Bars
Rick Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Pizza Man
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

My body shop guy, who also spray painted it to match my beautiful Steel Blue RL , removed the gasket entirely.

There is no additional wind noise and in over a year I haven't had any water problems.
Pizza Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
brich
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Thanks for the quick responses!!!
Looks like at 50/50, I can install either way...
And Jsant01, I mean, PizzaMan, thanks for the original idea about a year ago. I'm a slow adapter... Actually, the bug guts on my window and the rock dings finally started wearing on me...

"It takes a man more concerned with the product than an image to buy a Truck like this..."
Old 07-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
Pizza Man
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by brich View Post
And Jsant01, I mean, PizzaMan, thanks for the original idea about a year ago.
Yeah, I guess it's hard to keep track of me!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
brich
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
Yeah, I guess it's hard to keep track of me!
Ya but it's fun and the pay off is worth it...

Old 07-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
brich
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

I took off the rubber gasket and the install was much easier...15 minutes... Except, the deflector is not the best quality. It's not symetrical on both ends. I wish I had noticed this before I painted it. The left end has a nice curve to it that conforms the the bottom of the hood and makes it really easy to screw in. The drivers side does not have the same curve and was very difficult screwing into place. It is noticable to me but I'm not so sure it's as obvious just taking a quick look. It's on, it looks nice and really wasn't all that expensive.
$35 plus I think $18 for shipping from Nulime. And it arrive very quickly. Less than 2 weeks. I ordered a can of spray touch up paint online and painted myself for about $20... I'll live with it for now but I'm not 100% in love with it. I should say, I'm not 100% in love with the fact that it's not symetrical. I do love the look 100%...
Thanks for the help on this...

I'll post pics later

Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #8
breakfastchef
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brich View Post
I took off the rubber gasket and the install was much easier...15 minutes... Except, the deflector is not the best quality. It's not symetrical on both ends. I wish I had noticed this before I painted it. The left end has a nice curve to it that conforms the the bottom of the hood and makes it really easy to screw in. The drivers side does not have the same curve and was very difficult screwing into place. It is noticable to me but I'm not so sure it's as obvious just taking a quick look. It's on, it looks nice and really wasn't all that expensive.
You described my experience with the Wade deflector quite accurately. I did leave the rubber gasket in place, but was not able to use the factory mounting hole on the driver's side mounting tab, so I drilled my own. You should share your post with Danny at Wade. I also complained of this problem, but he said that he had no problems with the six he installed on Ridgelines.

Last edited by breakfastchef; 07-04-2007 at 06:39 AM.
breakfastchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #9
Pizza Man
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you guys had with your Wade deflectors. I did not install mine, it was done by the body shop that painted it for me. They gave me no indication there was an installation problem and mine appears to be symmetrical. There are no holes drilled that i can see.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #10
brich
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

It's all part of the fun of mods PizzaMan...
It's a great look. This is from someone who actually bought this truck because of the looks and who has not added any mods because of this love of the look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.