Ridgeline snow test - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
hondafan
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
Aberdeen Green Metallic

Ridgeline snow test

Looks like today will be the first big test for my new Ridgeline in snow. The perfect storm is coming through Ontario. They are forecasting up to 55 cm of snow here in Ottawa. I won't be going far today but I will have to go out in it later. We'll see how the truck handles it since the plows won't be out on the secondary roads.
2007 EX-L Aberdeen Green, Black side step bars, Honda hitch package, bed mat, rear mud guards, GoRhino hitch step,Truxedo Lo-Pro tonneau cover, VR3 Backup Camera, Weathertech floor liners, black pin striping. 2002 Blk Civic and a great 90HP Honda on the boatl
hondafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
moterbiker
ROC Rank: Freshman

Re: Ridgeline snow test

What is this "snow" of which you speak?

(Raleigh, NC - the land of ice storms...maybe - and that's what my Honda generator is for )
moterbiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
hondafan
2007 RTL
Aberdeen Green Metallic

We've had our share of ice storms up here. Given the choice, I'd take the snow anytime. I just finished round 1 with the snow blower. My driveway is clean but you can't drive down the street! The Ridgeline made it out this morning but my wife's civic didn't get 10 feet and that's with snow tires. It's half way up her doors.
2007 EX-L Aberdeen Green, Black side step bars, Honda hitch package, bed mat, rear mud guards, GoRhino hitch step,Truxedo Lo-Pro tonneau cover, VR3 Backup Camera, Weathertech floor liners, black pin striping. 2002 Blk Civic and a great 90HP Honda on the boatl
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
oldcoastie
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Dark Cherry Pearl

12" last night, and the Ridge had no problems at all. It did take me over 2 hours to clear the driveway, though - it's 600' total length.

2007 Ridgeline RTS, Dark Cherry Pearl, ARE camper top

2003 CRV
oldcoastie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
moterbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan View Post
We've had our share of ice storms up here. Given the choice, I'd take the snow anytime.
Hate cloud poop! That's one of the reasons we moved south. The nice thing about the ice storms here is that it usually means no work.
moterbiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
hondafan
2007 RTL
Aberdeen Green Metallic

2 Years until retirement then I'll come and visit all you nice people in the south. Well...30 cm on the ground now with another 20-25 forecast before midnight. I haven't seen a storm like this since 1972. The truck plowed right through it...right past that F-150 that was spinning it's wheels!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
MontanaFred
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RT
Steel Blue / Gray

My experience has been that the Ridgeline is the best in snow.

We sometimes get drifting snow and my previous vehicle would just ride up onto the snow and with the wheels off the ground I would get nowhere till I climbed under and dug the snow out.

I don't know if it is the extra poundage but my Ridgeline has yet to ride up onto a snow drift. However the last two winters has not brought very much drifting so I will wait till I make a final judgement.
Heatshield windshield shade
Dividers for the In-Bed Trunk
MontanaFred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
pe34sab
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Here is a picture of our first snow of the year. The weather man has been threatening for a few days and now it's happened. No problem for the Ridgeline.

Name:  IMG_0783 copy.jpg
Views: 2433
Size:  57.8 KB
pe34sab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
davedad
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2007 RT
Steel Blue / Gray

Good Morning all, we received about 12 inches here in Buffalo, the RL was great in the snow, had to go out and play yesterday, the only thing I was not to happy about was how the engine cuts out in deep snow with the VSA on. I turned it off for awhile and it seemed to have more power to get through deeper snow however it did slide around abit more.
davedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #10
VFRDYLAN
2007 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

This weekend I was over at Mount Snow Ski Resort in Vermont. They got about a foot of new snow on Thursday night. I left my house in Hew Hampshire and drove 3+ hours to get to Vermont and the ridge was a beast in snow. Great traction and stability on varying road surfaces. I felt planted and secure, much more than any other vehicle I have ever driven.

While at the resort I saw 5 other ridgelines. Apparently it is the vehicle of choice for intelligent skiers.
VFRDYLAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.