Slide in camper for Ridgeline - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
WillyBoard
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTL
Formal Black

Send a message via AIM to WillyBoard
Slide in camper for Ridgeline

Has anyone found any pictures or know of the web site for the slide in camper that is to be offered for the Ridgeline?

I know there is a company that made a real cool set up for the new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with the four door option. Thought it might be them, but can't find it on thier site or anyplace else on the net.

Would love to see this thing if anyone has a link. Thanks
WillyBoard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
firefighter3666
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RT
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Slide in camper for Ridgeline

I found the Jeep that you mentioned at www.earthroamer.com
I'll admit it's an interesting creature, but obviously meant for serious expeditions, not your weekend camping get-away. At $110k, I can think of much more comfortable ways to go camping.

If you search the forum you'll find that the much anticipated in bed tent is still a pipe dream, and no one currently sells a slide in camper for the Ridgeline. Unfortunately while we all love our trucks, the Ridgeline doesn't meet the specs of the mainstream truck market and thus isn't likely to generate enough sales to justify the R&D to build a slide in camper.

If you aren't against the idea of a trailer, there are some off-road tent trailers that might work for you....

www.tentrax.com
www.sylvansport.com

Personally, I wish the flip dimensions were different on one of the smaller tents at www.loftyshelters.com. I think it would be great to have one in the bed of the truck, drop the tailgate, and fold the tent out.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Mtnman
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter3666 View Post
I found the Jeep that you mentioned at www.earthroamer.com
I'll admit it's an interesting creature, but obviously meant for serious expeditions, not your weekend camping get-away. At $110k, I can think of much more comfortable ways to go camping.

If you search the forum you'll find that the much anticipated in bed tent is still a pipe dream, and no one currently sells a slide in camper for the Ridgeline. Unfortunately while we all love our trucks, the Ridgeline doesn't meet the specs of the mainstream truck market and thus isn't likely to generate enough sales to justify the R&D to build a slide in camper.

If you aren't against the idea of a trailer, there are some off-road tent trailers that might work for you....

www.tentrax.com
www.sylvansport.com

Personally, I wish the flip dimensions were different on one of the smaller tents at www.loftyshelters.com. I think it would be great to have one in the bed of the truck, drop the tailgate, and fold the tent out.
firefighter3666
Thanks for the links to these products. Didn't know they existed. Thanks.
Mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
WillyBoard
2008 RTL
Formal Black

Send a message via AIM to WillyBoard

The Earthromer is exactly what I saw... Good find, I couldn't remember the name when I posted the question.

Now look into the Blazer Chalet or GMC Casa Blanca... Something like that.

I think it would be very functional, since the bed and cab are one piece to have a high rise topper that extended over the body maybe 2/3's of the way and gave a person a nice cabin to store stuff and then add your tent package off of the back.

True the truck industry doesn't know what to do with these car trucks as I've heard them discribed, but they are quite stought I think for a few more after market options.

I'll keep looking... but thanks for your reply
WillyBoard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
amy19355

I'm here in August of 2009 and there still isn't a ready made camping device for our beloved Ridgelines.

I whipped up a solution using pex tubing, a tarp and some duct tape, and a little bit of clothesline. Up and camping in <30minutes the first time if parts have to be prepped, and in about 15 minutes or less after that.

This is pretty basic but absolutely effective. With the gate down, I can fit a cot and gain underbed storage option. Add a nice airex floor mat, a small table with light and I'm golden!

I wrote up the recipe if you're interested.

http://sutryn.com/honda_tailgate_ridgeline.html

cheers
amy
amy19355 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
xridgelinex
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Other

You probably used the search tool located at the top of the page.....

Here are two old threads... It's the same RL. One thread from the one that made it and the other from the one that owns it...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ght=bed+camper

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ruck+camper%22

Last edited by xridgelinex; 08-11-2009 at 07:48 AM.
xridgelinex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
firefighter3666
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RT
Nimbus Gray Metallic

This guy took my previously stated idea of a car topper tent and ran with it.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...light=bed+tent
Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
rvdude
2006 RT
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBoard View Post
Has anyone found any pictures or know of the web site for the slide in camper that is to be offered for the Ridgeline?

I know there is a company that made a real cool set up for the new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with the four door option. Thought it might be them, but can't find it on thier site or anyplace else on the net.

Would love to see this thing if anyone has a link. Thanks
Hi-Check the chemongrv.com site. Should be pictures and details of a slide in camper for the ridgeline. I have one on my 06 Ridge and can send pics if you like. I had it at the Swartswood 2010 meet in NJ. I think there are pics on youtube. Gary minicamp@hotmail.com
rvdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.