XM radio code - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Tcape
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Formal Black

XM radio code

In all the posts I've read about renewing your XM radio contract, I haven't seen anyone mention that you need your XM radio code when you call in to renew your subscription. You can find the code by tuning your XM to "Channel 0." The code shows on the screen when you do this. Write it down.

BTW, my 90 day free trial runs out in two weeks, but I decided to go ahead and call XM to extend my subscription. I stated that I wanted the "$77 deal for the Ridgeline Owner's Club", and the lady didn't hesitate one second to give it to me. My advice....don't ask if the discount is available, tell the person you talk to that you "want it." And the best part is that I got the subscription for my portable XM unit (XM2go Delphi unit) renewed at the same price! I'd been paying $144 per year for this!

And another note.....DON'T let XM use your credit card for the purchase. If you do, they'll renew your subscription the following year automatically at the $144 rate. Make SURE you tell them to send you a bill. That way, you can negotiate the $77 rate when the subscription comes due in a year. Some members have gotten the $77 rate for 3 years in a row.
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
Humble Pie
2007 RTL
Formal Black

Re: XM radio code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcape View Post
In all the posts I've read about renewing your XM radio contract, I haven't seen anyone mention that you need your XM radio code when you call in to renew your subscription. You can find the code by tuning your XM to "Channel 0." The code shows on the screen when you do this. Write it down.

BTW, my 90 day free trial runs out in two weeks, but I decided to go ahead and call XM to extend my subscription. I stated that I wanted the "$77 deal for the Ridgeline Owner's Club", and the lady didn't hesitate one second to give it to me. My advice....don't ask if the discount is available, tell the person you talk to that you "want it." And the best part is that I got the subscription for my portable XM unit (XM2go Delphi unit) renewed at the same price! I'd been paying $144 per year for this!

And another note.....DON'T let XM use your credit card for the purchase. If you do, they'll renew your subscription the following year automatically at the $144 rate. Make SURE you tell them to send you a bill. That way, you can negotiate the $77 rate when the subscription comes due in a year. Some members have gotten the $77 rate for 3 years in a row.

good stuff...right on the $$$$$$$$$$....
Humble Pie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
DonMa
ROC Rank: Freshman

What about deals for additional radios? I was told, by an XM Rep, that it's 6.99 a month. No savings if I want to pay for a year in advance.
DonMa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
k757
The Spoolin' Moderator
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMa View Post
What about deals for additional radios? I was told, by an XM Rep, that it's 6.99 a month. No savings if I want to pay for a year in advance.
I'll stick with the $77/year deal over $6.99/mo. Unless you mean both for $6.99/mo, then I'd do that

k757 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Tcape
2008 RTL
Formal Black

I got the $77 deal for my RL, and the lady gave me the "family rate" for my second (portable) unit..... $83.88 for one year. Obviously, that's the same $6.99 per month rate some of you were quoted for a second unit. And that beats the heck out of the $144 per year I'd been paying for my portable unit. Once again the Ridgeline comes through for cost savings! Well, unless you consider that I paid $57 to fill up my RL today. Life is short. Drive what you want.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
patm70
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Smile Re: XM radio code

TCAPE,
Thanks for the info. Just called and asked for the $77. deal for the Ridgeline Owners Club. First salesperson didn't know what I was talking about and transferred my call, which got disconnected. I redialed and second salesperson said no problem and will send out invoice for one year which will start when my trial subscription runs out on May19. She also offered me a new automobile XM radio unit for $19.95 and $6.95 a month for that unit if I was interested. I told her I was the only one in family who listened to XM. She said if I changed my mind, I could always call back. Total time on phone-about three minutes. Salesperson was very nice. Thanks again for tips.

Last edited by patm70; 04-25-2008 at 01:11 PM.
patm70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.