How To Enter My Radio Code - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Lattamet
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

How To Enter My Radio Code

I went to a shop to have them change my battery. I didn't notice that my radio was not working. I only found out when I wanted to hear music when I was parking my ridgeline in my garage. I turned on my radio and it said "ENTER CODE". I accidentally pressed two numbers and the screen showed me two X's. I looked for my owner's manual and I found my radio code written in there.

Now is there anyone out there to help me put my radio code? I am worried, too, because like I said there are already two numbers on the display which even I put my radio code, it will be wrong. How will I delete those invalid numbers? Are there number of trials to put the radio code?

Please give me the steps to put my radio code and how to delete those invalid numbers.
Lattamet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
OwnerCS
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: How To Enter My Radio Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattamet View Post
I went to a shop to have them change my battery. I didn't notice that my radio was not working. I only found out when I wanted to hear music when I was parking my ridgeline in my garage. I turned on my radio and it said "ENTER CODE". I accidentally pressed two numbers and the screen showed me two X's. I looked for my owner's manual and I found my radio code written in there.

Now is there anyone out there to help me put my radio code? I am worried, too, because like I said there are already two numbers on the display which even I put my radio code, it will be wrong. How will I delete those invalid numbers? Are there number of trials to put the radio code?

Please give me the steps to put my radio code and how to delete those invalid numbers.
I just went through that a couple days ago. I checked Honda site for my Ridge and found 2 radio codes. I didn't know which one to use. The first one I entered was the wrong code. You get 3 strikes to get it right. I was at the same point where you are now on my second attempt. I went ahead and entered 3 more invalid numbers. The Radio indicated that was an error and prompted me again for the numbers. On my third attempt, I got the numbers correct and that did the trick.

Visit My Personal PhotoBucket Page Link

Last edited by OwnerCS; 07-06-2008 at 01:50 PM.
OwnerCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Lattamet
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerCS View Post
I just went through that a couple days ago. I checked Honda site for my Ridge and found 2 radio codes. I didn't know which one to use. The first one I entered was the wrong code. You get 3 strikes to get it right. I was at the same point where you are now on my second attempt. I went ahead and entered 3 more invalid numbers. The Radio indicated that was an error and prompted me again for the numbers. On my third attempt, I got the numbers correct and that did the trick.
Thanks OwnerCS.

I have my radio code now. But my problem is how to erase the two invalid numbers I accidentally pressed before I am going to input the 5 correct numbers which is my radio code. Do I have to continue pressing more three numbers then maybe it will be automatically erased everything and I can input my correct radio code for the second attempt?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
OwnerCS
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattamet View Post
Thanks OwnerCS.

I have my radio code now. But my problem is how to erase the two invalid numbers I accidentally pressed before I am going to input the 5 correct numbers which is my radio code. Do I have to continue pressing more three numbers then maybe it will be automatically erased everything and I can input my correct radio code for the second attempt?
That is what I did - just enter 3 more invalid numbers to get another prompt to enter the 5 good numbers. I could not find a backspace.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Lattamet
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerCS View Post
That is what I did - just enter 3 more invalid numbers to get another prompt to enter the 5 good numbers. I could not find a backspace.

Thanks Buddy. It went. I just have to program the time/clock and everything.

I really appreciate your help.

Mahalo,

Razi
Old 07-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
OwnerCS
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

We're here to help!

Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
Lattamet
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray

Smile Re: How To Enter My Radio Code

Oh, I just found the directions in my Owner's Manual, page 160. It says over there ten tries to enter the correct code. If you're unsuccessful in ten attempts, you must then leave the system on for 1 hour before trying again.

Thanks very much.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Tcape
2008 RTL
Formal Black

I 'think' you can also disconnect your battery to delete the invalid codes you may have entered. At least that's the way it works on my Accord. If you mess up entering the numbers, just try disconnecting one of the battery cables. Doesn't matter which one. That should reset everything. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this working on a Ridgeline.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:00 AM   #9
Giken Kogyo
2007 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Send a message via AIM to Giken Kogyo Send a message via Yahoo to Giken Kogyo

that will work perfectly fine but u dont have to do that, just enter the other wrong numbers and use one of ur ten tries it really dont matter.
Giken Kogyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Benedict
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RT
White / Beige

Send a message via MSN to Benedict

where is the stock location for the code, besides the manual, I dont have it

'93 Civic Hatchback
GT35R LS/Vtec
493whp 350tq @ 21 psi
Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.