Pop & Lock Installation - Page 6 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #51
BiZzKiTtKiLlA
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Pop & Lock Installation

Thanks to everyone here....I was able to have a successful Pop & Lock install. The pictures were a great help with seeing where the parts go.

I highly suggest using WD40 to make the Pop & Lock parts move smoother...when turning from lock to unlock.

Also becareful of over tighting!!

Just like other Ridge owners that added the Pop & Lock...I was worried of breaking the clips. Putting the clips in the top trim before installing on the of tailgate seem the most logic. I was able to close the deal with the use of my rubber mallet .

It really is an easy install....the hardest part was pulling the trim off the tailgate.

Now....Just have to find a good deal on the Bakflip HD.

Last edited by BiZzKiTtKiLlA; 03-10-2009 at 09:20 AM.
BiZzKiTtKiLlA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #52
Ygu12
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

bizz,
did you use the black pop and lock on your truck. How does it look. I have a nimbus too but wasn't too sure how it was going to look. Can you post a pic?
OEM roof rack, OEM Hitch, addition power in the armrest, Westin Bed X-tender (great deal), Husky rear mud guards, Lund wind deflectors, VR3 Wireless backup camera, USA Spec Ipod adapter with text, Bakflip G2 bed cover, Pop and Lock Taigate lock, ERG Bug Deflector, Garage Pro Bull Bar, Hella MicroFF foglamps, 49" line of fire
Ygu12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #53
BiZzKiTtKiLlA
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Ygu12,

I did use the black Pop N Lock. It looks like the lock was an oem install on the truck. I was very impressed when the job was complete. I will post a picture this evening to show how the black Pop N Lock blends with the nimbus grey.
Attached Images

Last edited by BiZzKiTtKiLlA; 03-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #54
biglg
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

I had a silver Ridgeline and I bought the black pop n lock and painted it to match. It is plastic so the paint isnt a 100% match, probably about 90%.

Turned out pretty good. Can you find it?
Attached Images

biglg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #55
Pizza Man
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

My RL is Steel Blue. I also used a black P&L. With all the other black parts on the rear of the truck I think the black lock blends nicely.
Pizza Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #56
Ygu12
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

bizz, it looks great, I can't wait to do mine now. I do like the way the nimbus looks with the black accessories, I am very happy with my color choice. If I ever get around to washing it, I have to post some pics of it.
OEM roof rack, OEM Hitch, addition power in the armrest, Westin Bed X-tender (great deal), Husky rear mud guards, Lund wind deflectors, VR3 Wireless backup camera, USA Spec Ipod adapter with text, Bakflip G2 bed cover, Pop and Lock Taigate lock, ERG Bug Deflector, Garage Pro Bull Bar, Hella MicroFF foglamps, 49" line of fire
Ygu12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #57
biglg
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

The reason I painted the lock was as follows:

Putting a single black object such as the pop n lock right in the middle of the tailgate with no other black objects on the tailgate seemed to me like it would stick out like a terd in a punch bowl. JMO!
biglg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #58
Tcape
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Formal Black

The nice thing about the Pop 'n Lock is that it looks like OEM, no matter what color you choose. I think you could put a silver one on a blue truck and most folks would still think it's OEM. Nice idea to paint it...even it's just "close" to your truck color. I got a black one for my black truck, and it's looks like it came from the factory. It's sure been great so far. Biggest problem I had with it was getting the tailgate top back on right. For those contemplating the PnL, be SURE you see how this is done. It's actually pretty simple, but very easy to screw up.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #59
BiZzKiTtKiLlA
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygu12 View Post
bizz, it looks great, I can't wait to do mine now. I do like the way the nimbus looks with the black accessories, I am very happy with my color choice. If I ever get around to washing it, I have to post some pics of it.
Thanks!! I believe you will be happy with the install. Be sure to post some pics!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #60
rlynch0508
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTX
Billet Silver Metallic

just did mine yesterday...got the silver pop & lock and it matches the truck very well. instructions were very good and the install was pretty easy. I ended up sizing down the drill bit slightly for the larger hole, which worked well.

overall, the pop & lock looks good, installs relatively easy and functions very well. I'm a happy customer.
In-Bed Beer Mod, Truxx Lift, Raptor Side Steps, Steelcraft Bull Bar, BakFlip G2 Bed Cover, Viper 5701v Remote Start/Security System, DICE Electronics iPod Adapter, Muth heated turn signal mirrors, Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, 5SDude's cubby cover, OEM bed extender, AVS window shades, black tail lights, Yakima Q-Clip Roof Rack, Garmin nuvi 660, plywood trunk dividers, debadged tailgate

Meets: Swartswood IV

MY FAVORITE MOD
rlynch0508 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.