Bluetooth - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
vtecridge
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Send a message via AIM to vtecridge Send a message via MSN to vtecridge
Bluetooth

Does anyone know if I can integrate the new Bluetooth accessory from the 2009 Ridgeline into my 2008 Ridgeline? If so does anyone have a part number and / or a cost?

Thanks!

Andrew

08 Nimbus Grey Ridgeline RTL w/ Nav
Wheel Locks, Front and Rear Mud Guards - more to come
vtecridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Andy-Montreal
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Bluetooth

Andrew, my experience with oem-based bluetooth hands-free systems is that they don't work as well as the aftermarket units.

Before retrofitting one in yours, ask your Honda dealer to try out (test drive) an '09 Ridgeline and call a friend for his opinion during the drive.

Usually, I side with the mfrs on accessory items but this time, I beg to differ.

Can you hear me, can you hear me now?...o.k. How about now, can you hear me, can you hear me now?.....
Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
RRIDER
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

This is listed for all 2009 Ridgeline except navi. I don't know if this can be adapted to fit earlier yrs.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...lectronics.htm
RRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
vtecridge
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Send a message via AIM to vtecridge Send a message via MSN to vtecridge

Well if this application cannot be retrofitted for a 2008, can anyone recommend a really good aftermarket one that will integrate into the stock stereo system?

08 Nimbus Grey Ridgeline RTL w/ Nav
Wheel Locks, Front and Rear Mud Guards - more to come
vtecridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
Victorinox
ROC Rank: Senior
2008 RT
White / Beige

It`s not what you asked, sorry for that... but stock radio sucks. period.

You can get aftermarket unit like Pioneer deh-7000 or deh 700 with integrated bluetooth for $220-300. It sounds better, looks awesome and works great.

I have it in both of my vehicles. Install was 1 hours plug and play and I can play mp3 flies on CD and Thumb drive, Ipod interface also included with DEH-700.
Victorinox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
McClendons

I went with the parrot line, and the plug in harness. There was no wore cutting etc, and it works well. Sosche is coming out with a honda kit that uses on screen......it was coming out the beginning of 08, then summer, the site says Sept 08, and on-line I am seeing estimates of 1st qtr 09. The Sosche product for GM is out finally, and has gotten OK reviews.

Parrot works well, is easy to install, just wish it integrated to the screen.

Last edited by McClendons; 10-25-2008 at 08:26 AM.
McClendons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #7
Greg09997

I have the parrot. It works very well, mutes the stereo and Nav.
sound quality is very good & people can here me well. Road noise is about the same as when I just use my mobile phone.

My Parrot sync's with my iPhone with no problems.

G-
Chrome Steps
Fog lights
Greg09997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #8
jaylow
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Greg,

I just purchased the Parrot 3100 off of a fellow list member, but hadn't found anyone who was able to tell me conclusively that it would wire up using the Parrot Honda harness to the back of the Ridgeline's factory stereo with Nav and subwoofer. I see that you have the factory nav....but do you have the factory sub?

The official word from Crutchfield is that it won't work. The rep I spoke with on the phone said that he wasn't sure about that, and that I should call Parrot. Parrot's website says "Fits all". It's really not that expensive of an experiment, I just hate buying stuff that doesn't work.

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

--Jason
jaylow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
SRQRIDGE
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow View Post
Greg,

I just purchased the Parrot 3100 off of a fellow list member, but hadn't found anyone who was able to tell me conclusively that it would wire up using the Parrot Honda harness to the back of the Ridgeline's factory stereo with Nav and subwoofer. I see that you have the factory nav....but do you have the factory sub?

The official word from Crutchfield is that it won't work. The rep I spoke with on the phone said that he wasn't sure about that, and that I should call Parrot. Parrot's website says "Fits all". It's really not that expensive of an experiment, I just hate buying stuff that doesn't work.

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

--Jason
I also have a parrot bluetooth. I believe it is 6100 or 6400? Can't remember without looking at the paperwork. I had it installed by CC and paid $50 for the harness.
My RL also has the factory sub. It mutes everything but the sub. If I had the stereo cranked up high, you can still faintly here the radio. I was wondering if I got a different sub if that would change?

Chuck Norris commerical is my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mg8EMmOWQI&NR=1

ROC Member
AKA: Dan

73 and counting Mods/add ons, see profile and pictures on photobucket
SRQRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
jaylow
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Dan,

I did a search and some reading. Turns out that there is a way to put a relay in to completely mute the sub as well. For most people, it doesn't sound like there's been too much of an issue.

I'm going to go ahead with the install and leave the sub relay out, only adding it if I find the amount of noise from the sub objectionable. Good to know that there are options.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge.
jaylow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.