Extension/Telescopic Mirrors - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Fishalert
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Extension/Telescopic Mirrors

I just wrote the following letter to Honda Customer Service and hopefully others will join in and contact them about offering extension/telescopic mirrors for the Ridgeline. I use it to tow a travel Trailer and clip on mirrors or other after market mirrors are not big enough or don't stay on very well or are to difficult to keep installing. This is a truck made for towing and we should be offered the mirrors as an option. I hope those of you that feel the same, will also contact Honda Customer Support. This is truly a safety issue that needs to be addressed.

American Honda Motor Co.,
Inc. November 22, 2008
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

I have a Honda Ridgeline and Iím extremely happy with it. I bought it because of itís 5000 lb. Towing capacity. I am able to tow my travel trailer. I think you should be made aware that you produced a great truck but left off an important safety feature. This truck should have been offered with an extension/telescopic mirror as an option or included with the towing package. I am a retired tractor trailer driver with over a million over the road miles and I can tell you this is definitely a safety hazard. I realize that you can buy after market clip on mirrors etc but they donít do the job and many fall off and most of them, because they are addons, are to small. There are companies that produce extension/telescopic mirrors for Ford, GM and Dodge but none for the Ridgeline.

I really like my 2006 Ridgeline but I bought it for towing my travel trailer, and as a retired person wanting to get by with one vehicle, I never dreamed that they wouldnít offer extension/telescopic mirrors. I bought the Ridgeline, then bought the TT and then the surprise hit me. Now, I canít enjoy my Ridgeline or Travel Trailer because I canít safely see to backup or make lane changes. I really wish you would do something about this or work with an after market company to produce them.

Sincerely Yours,
Fishalert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Fishalert
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Re: Extension/Telescopic Mirrors

I received the following reply today from Honda Service Dept. in reference to the letter I sent them concerning Extension/telescopic Mirrors. I noticed that 59 people read my letter but there were no remarks or replies. I guess I'm the only one that tows with the Ridgeline and thinks not having extension mirrors are a safety issue.

November 25, 2008

Bobby Drummond

Dear Mr. Drummond:
Thank you for your recent contact to our office regarding your suggestions for the Honda Ridgeline
exterior mirror(s). We appreciate the opportunity to hear from our customers.
Honda values your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your feelings.
We try to design and equip all of our models with materials and features that will appeal to our current
and potential customers. Some of the factors that determine what will be used include demand, cost,
efficiency, comfort, convenience and aesthetics. Unfortunately, we are sometimes unable to produce
an automobile with features and materials that will appeal to all of our customers.
We have documented your comments and have made the proper departments aware of your comments
for future reference. Thank you again for taking the time to write us regarding your comments and
suggestions.

Sincerely,

SERVICE OPERATIONS
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
rabidrobert
2007 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Fishalert, I agree it would be a desirable option, and I hope Honda considers it.
I searched for decent mirrors for quite some time, and finally settled on the McKesh mirrors from Hensley. If you haven't, check them out. I used them towing my travel trailer for nearly 5,000 miles, and was very pleased with them.
http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirr...FQv7agodMX9u_A
rabidrobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Fishalert
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Thank you for your response. I have been using the Tow-N-See and they actually work pretty good but are to small. I see the ones you are referring to are a nice size. I'm getting ready in the spring for a 3,000 trip, so I'll probably get a set and try them. Thanks again. I'm going to keep on and keep on with Honda. Maybe they'll get tired of hearing from me. There are some pretty good after market ones for Ford, GM, and Dodge trucks. I've wrote them too but I think it will take a lot of ridgeline owners writing and calling them about extension/telescopic mirrors before they would get interested in making them. Oh Well, I stay at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.