FS: Two 245/65-17 Michelin LTX M/S - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Trading Post

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
rstoomanyhobbies
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Gray

FS: Two 245/65-17 Michelin LTX M/S

Two used tires. These are 2005 production date (they are ok for six years per DOT guidelines). These have 75-80% even, uniform tread on them, one has a tiny nail in the tread center so very easily plugged or patched. I left it in to show it clearly. The other one is perfect. New these are $175 plus the usual stuff tax etc. Due to age, some cracking is evident. Still great for a spare, etc. I'll sell one or both. Raleigh NC area or can ship if it's worth it. Asking $100 for both plus shipping if done.
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
66jj
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Re: FS: Two 245/65-17 Michelin LTX M/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoomanyhobbies View Post
Two used tires. These are 2005 production date (they are ok for six years per DOT guidelines). These have 75-80% even, uniform tread on them, one has a tiny nail in the tread center so very easily plugged or patched. I left it in to show it clearly. The other one is perfect. New these are $175 plus the usual stuff tax etc. Due to age, some cracking is evident. Still great for a spare, etc. I'll sell one or both. Raleigh NC area or can ship if it's worth it. Asking $100 for both plus shipping if done.
those are weather checked and garbage. throw them away.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
rstoomanyhobbies
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Gray

Re: FS: Two 245/65-17 Michelin LTX M/S

Thanks 66 for your opinion. Since I'm not a tire expert and am not sure if you are or not, I won't throw them away just yet. When I had new tires put on my RL the dealer suggested replacing them but didn't insist. I did just to get four equal tires on it. The photos are very closeup. I and the tire dlr. thought there was no issue using either as a full size spare and that's what I would sell them as with full disclosure.

This also prompted me to call the local Mich. dealer - taking them up there today, they said likely it's covered by warranty as they are less than 4yrs old and they may be able to get me 70-85% coverage on new ones.

Some info from a quick search: The seriousiness of the cracks is dependent on the size, depth, and location. Minor checking on the sidewalls can be expected at this age and may not be serious - it all depends. If any cord has been exposed at the bottom of a crack, it is replacement time (and a crack that deep may be a 'cut' instead of a crack). Also, if the tires have been run an appreciable distance while under-inflated, the sidewalls may have weakened.
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Trading Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.