heater/ac blower motor - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
ponster
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Formal Black

heater/ac blower motor

i have a 2006 honda ridgeline which i just bought and the a/c - heater fan motor stopped working. I told my Honda dealer and they said that they havent heard anything about this so i took it to a friend of mine who is a mechanic. The old wiring harness was melted due to the connections in the harness being lose and therefore burnt out the motor. we replaced the blower motor ($215+labour) but the wiring started to heat up right away. So He made new conections and we have since checked them and they seem fine as there is no discoloration on the clips. I also reported this to Honda Canada who stated that they have not heard of this promblem. Anyways i am keeping my receipt becasue hopefully they will do the right thing and have a recall at some point and do it before someones truck catches on fire. I heard they changed the wiring harness in 2007 so they must know that there is something wrong with the connections.
ponster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
xridgelinex
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Other

Re: heater/ac blower motor

This is a known issue... Look here... http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ht=ac+fan+fire

This is the site from the US government where you can report the issue. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Last edited by xridgelinex; 07-11-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: this and that
xridgelinex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Cajun Country Ridgeline
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

This is a definite issue. Last year I had just past 36 months but onlyhad
38,000 miles. My fan motor went out. First it was the fuse, but that didnot repair the situation. They went in an checked everything and found that the fuse had not blown soon enough and melted the wiring in the harness.
It ended up taking six weeks to get the parts. Honda had to jump all over one of the vendors because they went into a severe back order.
Long story made short.................. My dealer had the whole thing fixed and wouldnot let me pay one cent. They picked up the tab, saying something like that should have never happened.

The fan motor with harness was a real problem on the 06 Ridgeline.
I never had a water leak problem at all, but I did go through the mess with the fan motor/fuse/wiring harness.

Good luck!!! Hope it is resolved with the least amount of cost directly to you.
Moonroof, XM, Foglights, Roof Rack, Bed Extender, Running Boards, Trailer Hitch Package,Rear Splash Guards, Hood Air Deflector, Dark Floor Carpets, PinStriping, Full Size Spare,G E Nighthawk headlights 9003/HB2 Honda Door Visors. RAMPAGE 49" L.E.D. Brake Light w/indicators. Boss 318 Chrome 17x8 wheels on P245/65R17 Firestone Destination LE2
Cajun Country Ridgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
canoeman
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Location: North face of the San Gabriel Mountains, overlookin the Mojave desert

yup mine burned up too, new harnessnew motor, new power transister just to be safe
canoeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.