Elecitrical issue (key fob & door locks) - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Bowtie
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Elecitrical issue (key fob & door locks)

I have a 2006 Ridgeline RTL. One day, everything is fine. Next day, my wife locks our 3 month old boy in the car (thankfully the A/C was running and he slept thru the entire ordeal).

Here's what happens. Key fob now only unlocks the driver's door (does not unlock pass. doors nor does it roll down the windows when the unlock button is held for the 2nd time). I can hear the other doors cycle but they don't unlock. If I get in, and start the truck, then close the driver's door...the driver's door lock with cycle thru the unlock position twice, and then lock (this is how all the doors locked on my wife the other day). Also, if the truck is running and I hit the unlock button on the driver's door...the driver's door will cycle thru unlock twice and then lock. The lock/unlock button inside of the truck works and will lock and unlock all of the doors.

Obviously there is an issue. I'm not sure if it has to do with the key fob or the antenna. (I do not have the auto door lock feature set). I have not checked any fuses. I'm guessing some moisture got in some place.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to take it to the dealer and would like to try and solve the problem myself.

Bowtie
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
larryr
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2009 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Re: Elecitrical issue (key fob & door locks)

The controls are in the fuse box beside the drivers left foot.

If you have an A11 it would not unlock any door except the drivers when you put it in park ( or off).

The A12 fuse box has the fix for the door unlock as it has the logic for the door locks programmed into it.

My guess is the computer in the fuse box is going bad or if it was replaced one of the connectors on the fuse box has come loose as it it may not have been plugged in fully when they replaced the fuse box. Or the connector on the drivers door switch has come loose.

Do a search on fuse box and A11 for the old threads on door locking and unlocking.

The 199 fill ups on my 2009 Ridgeline - I just had 8 wonderful years in the Ridgeline but the Electronics are too many generations behind.

larryr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
James Clifton

On my 2006,one click unlocks the drivers side.2 clicks unlocks them all!
Jim
James Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
shovelhd
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Do you have an aftermarket alarm?
Kenwood DDX8019*Garmin KNA-G510 Nav 2009 Maps*KCA-BT200 Bluetooth*KTC-HR100 HD Radio Tuner*KTC-V500N TV Tuner (RIP)*KCA-iP200 iPod Adapter*SIR-KEN1 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner with Lifetime Subscription*Webb OEM XM Antenna Conversion*PPI DCX-730 DSP*Eclipse XA4000 Mains Amp*Rockford-Fosgate T1500bd Sub Amp*Rainbow SLC 265 Front Components*Rainbow 165 SL Rear Coaxials*(2) Diamond Audio D610D4 Subs in Custom Subthump Box*KP Technologies Rollup Modules
shovelhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Bowtie
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

All of the fuses appear ok.

Yes I know one push of the key fob unlocks the driver's door and two pushes/clicks unlocks them all. It was working fine one day. Then the key fob would only unlock the driver's door. Now the key fob will not lock/unlock any door (key fob battery is good cause I've tried the doors with the other key fob and they still don't work).

I do not have an aftermarket alarm.

Now the driver's power lock has stopped working all together. I have to manually unlock the door with the key and then when I go to lock it, I have to push the lock down with my finger. (Lock/unlock button on the door panel locks/unlocks all doors but the driver's door)

I'm guessing there is some kind of short in the driver's door electrics or something came loose.

How hard would it be to take the driver's door panel off?
I was hoping to solve this myself but it looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip to the dealer.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Bowtie
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryr View Post
The controls are in the fuse box beside the drivers left foot.

If you have an A11 it would not unlock any door except the drivers when you put it in park ( or off).

The A12 fuse box has the fix for the door unlock as it has the logic for the door locks programmed into it.

My guess is the computer in the fuse box is going bad or if it was replaced one of the connectors on the fuse box has come loose as it it may not have been plugged in fully when they replaced the fuse box. Or the connector on the drivers door switch has come loose.

Do a search on fuse box and A11 for the old threads on door locking and unlocking.
When you talk about the A12 fuse box, is that right above the fuse box for the power windows/locks and all that good stuff? I looked in that area and there are fuses/connectors right above the regular fuse box.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
larryr
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2009 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
When you talk about the A12 fuse box, is that right above the fuse box for the power windows/locks and all that good stuff? I looked in that area and there are fuses/connectors right above the regular fuse box.
A11 and A12 are the end of the Honda part number of the big fuse box ( and it can be seen on the fuse box ) It has the computer built into it that has the door lock/unlock logic.

Some discussion of it here http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...&highlight=A12

The 199 fill ups on my 2009 Ridgeline - I just had 8 wonderful years in the Ridgeline but the Electronics are too many generations behind.

Last edited by larryr; 07-31-2009 at 05:13 PM.
larryr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Bowtie
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Thx for info. I'll have to read the thread.

Does it sound like the problem I describe (driver's door lock not working/key fob not working) is caused by one of those fuses?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
shovelhd
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

The next place I would check is the large multipin connector in the driver's door jamb. Maybe something in there came loose, got wet, or broke.
Kenwood DDX8019*Garmin KNA-G510 Nav 2009 Maps*KCA-BT200 Bluetooth*KTC-HR100 HD Radio Tuner*KTC-V500N TV Tuner (RIP)*KCA-iP200 iPod Adapter*SIR-KEN1 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner with Lifetime Subscription*Webb OEM XM Antenna Conversion*PPI DCX-730 DSP*Eclipse XA4000 Mains Amp*Rockford-Fosgate T1500bd Sub Amp*Rainbow SLC 265 Front Components*Rainbow 165 SL Rear Coaxials*(2) Diamond Audio D610D4 Subs in Custom Subthump Box*KP Technologies Rollup Modules
shovelhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Bowtie
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryr View Post
A11 and A12 are the end of the Honda part number of the big fuse box ( and it can be seen on the fuse box ) It has the computer built into it that has the door lock/unlock logic.

Some discussion of it here http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...&highlight=A12
It's possible this might be the problem. When I click the door lock button on the key fob, I hear a clicking noise coming from the fuse area. There are about 5 or 6 block style fuses. (I haven't had a chance to pull out all of the a11 fuses yet)
So the next question is, how do I tell if the fuse is bad or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.