2008 Ridgeline RTL - VSA - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
acole92
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTL
Formal Black

2008 Ridgeline RTL - VSA

I have a 2008 Ridgeline RTL, the VSA seems to always go off whenever I go over any small bump at a speed over about 25mph. A few months ago, I had CEL code on the dash, took it into the dealer, reprogrammed the PCM and all was well. I just got new tires put on for winter driving, and I have to turn the VSA off in order to not slow down. any ideas?
acole92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
hiPSI
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2010 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Mocha Metallic

Re: 2008 Ridgeline RTL - VSA

What do you mean the VSA goes off? Do you mean the triangle with the ! in it lights up for an instant?
ROC #935
hiPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
CrowMagnumMan
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiPSI View Post
What do you mean the VSA goes off? Do you mean the triangle with the ! in it lights up for an instant?
Mine did that. Only stayed on a second or two. Wasn't at start up either. I was trekking through the snow and it flashed for an instant and then went back out. What does that mean? Mine is an 06 tho.
06 Steel Blue RTL/Nav - OEM fog lights, OEM hood deflector, OEM rear mudflaps, OEM all-weather Ridgeline front mats, OEM trunk mat, OEM 4.73 Nav. disc, 5S Dude's license plate frame/door sills, E&G grill, chrome pinstripes, Raptor 4" oval SS side steps, SportWing side protectors w/ Ridgeline badges, chrome hubcap skins, Weather Tech rear floor mats, AVS window visors, FastLane heavy duty bed mat, chrome door handles, tailgate handle, taillight covers, mirror covers, and side vent strips.
CrowMagnumMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Jet Pack
2006 *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Other

From the manual:
Name:  Captureone.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  52.4 KB

This is Page 291.
Name:  Capturetwo.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  95.3 KB
Jet Pack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
Jet Pack
2006 *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by acole92 View Post
I have a 2008 Ridgeline RTL, the VSA seems to always go off whenever I go over any small bump at a speed over about 25mph. A few months ago, I had CEL code on the dash, took it into the dealer, reprogrammed the PCM and all was well. I just got new tires put on for winter driving, and I have to turn the VSA off in order to not slow down. any ideas?
A search revealed this.
Jet Pack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
FTM1
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Location: Washington, DC & Southern Maryland Pax River Naval Air Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowMagnumMan View Post
Mine did that. Only stayed on a second or two. Wasn't at start up either. I was trekking through the snow and it flashed for an instant and then went back out. What does that mean? Mine is an 06 tho.
This is the vehicle stability assist/ VSA it helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assist you with maintianing traction on loose or slippery road surfaces. Call it Traction Control in this case. It does this by regulating the engine output & selectively applyling the brakes. It is doing its job when the light is flashing.
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers

2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
FTM1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
CrowMagnumMan
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Thumbs up Re: 2008 Ridgeline RTL - VSA

Good to know. I was kinda thinking that but it puts my mind at ease! Thanks bub
06 Steel Blue RTL/Nav - OEM fog lights, OEM hood deflector, OEM rear mudflaps, OEM all-weather Ridgeline front mats, OEM trunk mat, OEM 4.73 Nav. disc, 5S Dude's license plate frame/door sills, E&G grill, chrome pinstripes, Raptor 4" oval SS side steps, SportWing side protectors w/ Ridgeline badges, chrome hubcap skins, Weather Tech rear floor mats, AVS window visors, FastLane heavy duty bed mat, chrome door handles, tailgate handle, taillight covers, mirror covers, and side vent strips.
CrowMagnumMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.