got a "B" service light - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
2006ridgeLiner
ROC Rank: Freshman

got a "B" service light

hi guys,

i have a 06 RT, with 55,980 miles on it, and i just got a "service due soon" light and it says "B" under it, with 15% oil life left..now my question is since i bought this truck used i never had any maintaince done on it before, so does getting just the "B" code mean i dont have to worry about the sub items such as 1,2,3,4,.,etc?

appreciate your reply..

thanks,

Last edited by 2006ridgeLiner; 12-22-2009 at 10:58 AM.
2006ridgeLiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
SB Ridge
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RT
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: got a "B" service light

If there are no numbers, then you should be good to go, the numbers indicate various service items like rotate tires, change transmission fluid.
SB Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
misfit
2007 RTX
Steel Blue Metallic

possible you could be due for a B1 service,,, oil change, 27 point inspect., rotate tires, inspect brakes, top off fluids,,, car wash...
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
RRIDER
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006ridgeLiner View Post
hi guys,

i have a 06 RT, with 55,980 miles on it, and i just got a "service due soon" light and it says "B" under it, with 15% oil life left..now my question is since i bought this truck used i never had any maintaince done on it before, so does getting just the "B" code mean i dont have to worry about the sub items such as 1,2,3,4,.,etc?

appreciate your reply..

thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
possible you could be due for a B1 service,,, oil change, 27 point inspect., rotate tires, inspect brakes, top off fluids,,, car wash...
Actually, according to the service codes on owner's link ,the B service includes the tire rotation. The sub item 1 won't always appear. I have had the B service due come up without any sub codes.

Last edited by RRIDER; 12-22-2009 at 10:02 PM.
RRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
2006ridgeLiner

on a separate topic, how often does the brake fluid need to be changed? when i bought the truck i had some service records done on it and in one of the records from dealer says that brake fluid is dirty written as a note and that was at 49,000 miles now im at 56,000 miles.

thanks,
2006ridgeLiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.