Front Seat Track Extender - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
dbye
ROC Rank: Freshman
2009 RT
Sterling Gray Metallic

Exclamation Front Seat Track Extender

Does anyone know where I can get an extender kit so I have more leg room in my 09 RT? I can't find a comfortable driving position. My left leg always feels cramped. I have searched the forum. All the posts I found are old and I can not reach the posters.
dbye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
RustyH
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Front Seat Track Extender

I have the seat extender kit and can testify to its use. I'm 6'7" and it really helps.

That being said, the maker of the kit obviously stopped making or selling it, but maybe this will help. I offer this only as a suggestion and DO NOT imply any safety improvement will occur if this modification is done. Now that the legaleeze is done, here you go.

For the front seat attachments, you'll need a couple of pieces of flat steel, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, two inches wide and three to four inches long. You should be able to pick up the rough size of the steel and either have it cut to length, or by some a foot long and hacksaw it to size. Drill two holes in the peices, one for the existing floor bolt and another for a flat head bolt. You'll have to attach the new bolt to the metal bracket somehow....either by welding or using JB weld.

For the back seat attachments, you'll need to get some sort of bushing material. The ones I have are some sort of plastic, about two inches in diameter and about an inche or so long, with a bolt hold drilled through it lenghwise. You'll need to replace the stock real bolt brackets with new ones that are long enough to go through the brackets and into the stock mounting holes.

In order to make this work, you'll have to make sure that however much you extend the new front seat bolt bracket, you have the same distance for the rear bracket.

To install, you'll unbolt the seat brackets from the floor mounting points, install the new front brackets first then the rear brackets and you're done.

I've included a very rough photoshop drawing of what the parts should look like...exact measurements are up to you.

I've had mine brackets in since mid 07 and have had no problems. They held even when my truck was hit by a woman backing out of her driveway and slamming into me.
Attached Images

06 RTL, 2011 ROTY billet cubby cover, door sills and license plate frame. Polished Billet Grills, Custom paint, 275/45R/20 Yokohama tires on Rozzi Octane wheels. caliper covers, custom airbag suspension. Kenwood DVD Player, Rockford Power T15004 Amplifier, Six Rockford Power 6.5" speakers and 2 10" downfiring subs. Custom 3 color Wet Okle seat covers. Airraid CAI, throttle body spacer, Magnaflow muffler, Truxedo Pro Tonneau Cover, Hidden Hitch, smoked head and taillights.
RustyH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
dbye
2009 RT
Sterling Gray Metallic

Thank you for the detailed reply. I am really disappointed with the truck because of this issue. I was really looking for a kit as I am not a very good fabricator. I realy appreciate your suggestion and I may end up doing it if all else fails.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
e_piph_a_ny
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbye View Post
I am really disappointed with the truck because of this issue.
Let me ask the obvious question here.

Did you test drive the Ridgeline before signing on the dotted line??

e_piph_a_ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Cold.2
ROC Rank: Senior
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_piph_a_ny View Post

Maybe by acquisition???
Cold.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
RustyH
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_piph_a_ny View Post

Not a fair question. I bought my Ridgeline on Ebay without ever even sitting in a Ridgeline. Shows you how good a deal I got on it. It wasn't until after I had arragned the payment that I sat back and thought...."Crap, I haven't even sat in a Ridgeline yet." I went down to my nearby dealership and asked to sit in a Ridgeline and he put in one without power seats and I could not fit in comfortably. I than told him what model I was buying and he put me in and I was able to adjust the seat to give me "just enough" room to get in. After the rear boombox was removed, the first thing I did was buy the seat back brackets and it has been well worth it.
06 RTL, 2011 ROTY billet cubby cover, door sills and license plate frame. Polished Billet Grills, Custom paint, 275/45R/20 Yokohama tires on Rozzi Octane wheels. caliper covers, custom airbag suspension. Kenwood DVD Player, Rockford Power T15004 Amplifier, Six Rockford Power 6.5" speakers and 2 10" downfiring subs. Custom 3 color Wet Okle seat covers. Airraid CAI, throttle body spacer, Magnaflow muffler, Truxedo Pro Tonneau Cover, Hidden Hitch, smoked head and taillights.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
dbye
2009 RT
Sterling Gray Metallic

My dealer had a different model on the lot, one with leather seats that I test drove. I felt fine in that truck. I did not think that there would be a difference in models.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
RustyH
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbye View Post
My dealer had a different model on the lot, one with leather seats that I test drove. I felt fine in that truck. I did not think that there would be a difference in models.
A big time difference between leather and electrical and cloth and manual!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
e_piph_a_ny
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyH View Post
Not a fair question. I bought my Ridgeline on Ebay without ever even sitting in a Ridgeline. Shows you how good a deal I got on it. It wasn't until after I had arragned the payment that I sat back and thought...."Crap, I haven't even sat in a Ridgeline yet." I went down to my nearby dealership and asked to sit in a Ridgeline and he put in one without power seats and I could not fit in comfortably. I than told him what model I was buying and he put me in and I was able to adjust the seat to give me "just enough" room to get in. After the rear boombox was removed, the first thing I did was buy the seat back brackets and it has been well worth it.
Actually, it's very fair to ask that question. It's caveat emptor. And your very story reinforces my position.

But, you do have a mean looking machine...

e_piph_a_ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #10
chewiewhee
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTX
Formal Black

If you ever find a company that makes the extender please post it. I would love to have a little more leg room. I'm 6' 2" and fit comfortably but on long trips would like to stretch out. I don't weld and would not trust my own fabrication on a critical safety mod like this. Thanks!!
chewiewhee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.