RTS RTL RTX - what is the difference? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Nevadan
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
White / Beige

Question RTS RTL RTX - what is the difference?

I am looking to buy my first Honda Ridgeline and am confused.. I kinda get that the RTL has leather but what is the major difference in the other models? former Lexus owner
Nevadan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
07_rtx
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 RTX
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: RTS RTL RTX - what is the difference?

There isn't a terribly huge difference between the models since the ridgeline is well equipped even in its base model rt form. Here is the differences:

RT: Flat black door handles and mirrors, non power seats, flat cloth upholstery, single disc cd player, no sub, and no sunroof.

RTX: Same as rt except for body color door handles, flat black mirrors, accessory black and chrome grille and trailer hitch tow package, dark gray painted alloys. Rtx only available in 07-08

RTS: Body color door handles and mirrors, raised texture cloth seats, power seats, 6 disc cd changer with sub, dual climate control, 06-08 painted alloys 09-11 polished alloys.

RTL: Non navi model has same radio as the rts and navi has the navigation head unit with 6 disc, leather power heated seats, 06 can have or not have the sunroof but after 06 sunroof is standard on all rtls, heated mirrors, dual climate control, 06-07 painted alloys 08 polished alloys 09-11 18" alloys.

The RTX model is the only one pre 09 that was available with a hitch as standard equipment. The RTX is also no longer available only for 2 years 07-08.
07_rtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
KrisRidge
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2009 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Send a message via Yahoo to KrisRidge

07_RTX pretty much covers it. Here's a Honda link that compares them. Select the Year on the top Right side of the page.

http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/ridgeline/2007/specifications.aspx

'09 Ridgeline RTL Bali Blue Pearl.
'04 Honda CRV EX. Black. (Wife's).
'05 Honda Civic
KrisRidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

On the spec page listed above, 2008 RTS shows machine finished alloy wheel. What's the diff between a painted and a polished (machine finished?) wheel?

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
07_rtx
2007 RTX
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
On the spec page listed above, 2008 RTS shows machine finished alloy wheel. What's the diff between a painted and a polished (machine finished?) wheel?
Painted wheel is just the gloss silver vs the machined which looks more like polished aluminum. I may be a year off on the rts wheel change, I'm not real familiar with that models options past 06
07_rtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Rickman
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Talking Re: RTS RTL RTX - what is the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadan View Post
I am looking to buy my first Honda Ridgeline and am confused.. I kinda get that the RTL has leather but what is the major difference in the other models? former Lexus owner

About 10 grand......

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Boucher187
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

I was looking at a 2007 RTL but saw a nice 2008 RTX. The only concern I have and I compared them all is the 6-Way Seat. The RTL had the 8-Way seat.

So what am I going to lose with the seat? I need the Thigh Support so if I am losing lumbar support that is fine. Does anything know?
Boucher187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.